How to Use Fred Meyer Rewards
Hello friends, do you have one of these snazzy little Fred Meyer Rewards cards? Well..all the cool coupon shoppers have one… (and this is where my mom would come in and say if all the cool couponers jumped off a cliff….which I would interrupt and say “Why? What was on the other side of that cliff? Free toilet paper?”) Hee hee..okay, moving on. Today I am going to talk to you about how to use Fred Meyer Rewards to save money and earn fuel rewards.
What is the Fred Meyer Rewards Card?
The Fred Meyer Rewards Card is a free rewards program where you will earn “points” for Fred Meyer store purchases. These points will earn you a rebate check that works like a gift card in the Fred Meyer stores and is mailed out to you once every quarter if you reach a minimum of 500 points. For every $1 dollar you spend on select Fred Meyer purchases you will earn 1 point.
The Fred Meyer rebate check is to be used on items in the Fred Meyer or QFC store, so it works sort of like a gift card. You can use this on multiple trips (so if you have a $10 check you can use $5.00 of it this week and $5.00 on it another week if you like.)
The rewards earnings quarters are Jan – Mar, Apr – June, July – Sept, and Oct – Dec. Earn a minimum of 500 points to get your rebate. Allow around 3-4 weeks from the end of the quarter to receive your rebate in the mail.
All you need to get the free card is to sign up in store or online! Easy enough, right? Then at the Fred Meyer, QFC or Shell gas station checkout make sure and scan your card at the store.
You can also load e-coupons to your Rewards card as well that will be applied at checkout to your cart.
How to Use Fred Meyer Rewards for Fuel Discounts
This is my favorite part of the Fred Meyer rewards! Earning fuel discount rewards. Basically for every $1 you spend at Fred Meyer you will earn 1 fuel point. This is in addition to earning the Fred Meyer reward point. Plus Fred Meyer and QFC customers in Idaho, Oregon and Washington will be able to save up to $1 per gallon at the pump by redeeming up to 1,000 Fuel Points at any Fred Meyer or QFC Fuel Center, and at participating Shell stations. The offer is valid up to 35 gallons of fuel on one vehicle per purchase.
Until now, Customers could only redeem 100 fuel points each time they filled up, for 10 cents off per gallon per fill-up at any Fred Meyer or QFC Fuel Center and at participating Shell stations. Under the new program, customers at Fred Meyer and QFC fuel centers can redeem some or all of their fuel points, whichever they choose. For example, if a customer has 400 fuel points, he or she can choose to redeem 100, 200 or 400 fuel points for a discount of $.10, $.20, or $.40 off per gallon, up to $1 off per gallon at the pump if the customer has at least 1,000 fuel points. The up to $1 per gallon savings is also available at participating Shell stations and customers must use all their fuel points per transaction. This offer is also valid for up to 35 gallons of fuel per purchase and other restrictions may apply.
How to Redeem Fuel Rewards At The Pump
First step is to slide your credit/debit card at the Fred Meyer , Shell or QFC gas pump.
Then the machine will ask you if you want to use your Fred Meyer Rewards card. Click the Yes button.
Let the machine scan your Fred Meyer Rewards card (or you can enter in your phone number.)
It will ask you if you want to use your full amount of gas rewards. You can choose from $0.10, $0.20, $0.30 on up to $1.00 off per gallon if you have enough points saved up and you live in WA, OR or ID .
And that’s it. You will then pump your gas and think about how cool you are for saving all that glorious money.
So here you can see how much the gas was before and after the rewards. A whole dollar off per gallon saving me $16 bucks. Score! I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial of How to Use Fred Meyer Rewards at the pump.
Some Other Helpful Tips & Ideas for Fred Meyer rewards
- QFC and Fred Meyer both have apps that you can download that will give you real time updates of your fuel points! That way you know if your kids or husband have used up all your points!
- If you use Food Stamps or WIC you can do your purchases at Fred Meyer and still earn rewards.
- If you are planning on buying any gift cards for anything, buy them at Fred Meyer to earn rewards.. Might as well earn rewards on something you are buying anyways!
- Use your rewards to fill prescriptions – you get 50 rewards every time you fill at the Fred Meyer/QFC pharmacy.
- Make sure you are signed up to get Fred Meyer’s emails because sometimes they email out special coupons or double reward day info.
- You can call Fred Meyer Customer service if you have any other questions or issues at 1-866-518-2686 or visit their website.
I hope you all go on down to Fred Meyer or QFC this week and get earning some Fred Meyer rewards. Let me know if you have any other helpful ideas or questions as well.
Fred Meyer, QFC and Shell have teamed up to generously give away to one lucky Happy Money Saver reader:
- 1,000 fuel points, which will allow you to fill up to 35 gallons with a $1 per gallon discount!
- $100 gift card for you to purchase groceries at your local QFC and/or Fred Meyer to start earning fuel points! You earn one Fuel Point for every dollar you spend on qualifying items when you use your Fred Meyer Rewards Card or QFC Advantage Card.
- $50 Shell gift card for you to purchase fuel with your newly earned Fuel Points.
All you need to do to enter is just leave a comment below, limit one entry per person. I would love it if you shared what you would spend the $100 gift card on at Fred Meyer or QFC if you won.
This contest will end on Friday April 26, 2013 at 12 pm PST. I will send the winner an email and they will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Disclaimer: Fred Meyer, QFC and Shell teamed up to supply me with 1000 Rewards points, a $50 Shell gift card as well as $100 FM gift card to facilitate this post as well as the winner’s prizes. No other compensation was exchanged. All ideas and opinions are 100% mine. For more information on how this site makes money, you can see my Disclosure Policy.