Last week Safeway invited me along with a bunch of other VIP bloggers to come to Seattle and learn all about the new Safeway Just For U program. It was a really fun event, where I got to meet with many “big wigs” of the Safeway company to discuss how this program will work and ideas on how to make it worthwhile. We ate, we learned, we had great Q&A sessions, we took at trip to a local Safeway store to use this new program, and had a great time.
Here are some of the key points I learned about the Safeway’s Just For U program:
There are 3 main sections you will see when you open up your Safeway Just For U account:
Your Club Specials (aka. Weekly Ad) – deals available to everyone in your targeted ad region. You don’t have to add these to your cart.
Coupon Center – There are ecoupons in your Safeway Just For U account that you can click and add to your card. When you check out the savings automatically come off.
- You will want to go into your account and click to add them before or while you are shopping.
- If you are adding coupons to your club card in store via the Safeway app – make sure and give the program 5 minutes before you checkout to make sure its had time to update.
- You cannot stack a manufacturers paper coupon with a manufacturer’s ecoupon – the new program should be able to choose which one is the higher value and give you that coupon. In the Coupon Center some items you can click will look like this:
- If an eCoupon says Save $1.00 it is usually a manufacturers coupon. If it is a price listed its a store coupon usually.
- As for doubling eCoupons – NOPE! You cannot double any digital coupons anytime, anywhere for Safeway.
- Many of the eCoupons are limit one only.
Personalized Deals – deals Safeway gives to you depending on what you purchase. I love this idea, its very unique!
- Purchase history is what makes your personalized deals. For example say you purchase produce a lot at Safeway. The Just for U program will see that and give you special offers for produce that people that don’t buy produce there will have. If you buy cat food, then you will get offers for that, but if you don’t buy cat food you won’t have offers for that.Its really cool!
- While I like the idea of personalized deals it does prove a challenge for me to share those kinds of deals – since not everyone will have the same offers in their accounts.
- With the Personalized Deals – if it says Limit one time only then you will only be able to get it once. Like the FREE eggs offer that was available was a limit one. But if there is no limit on that personalized deal you can get as many as you like until the deal expires (most of the time a month).
- With the personalized deals if you have a price listed, what happens if the price in store says B1G1 FREE? How does that work? The answer was that it depends, and that you will get the best price. Some people have been able to get the low price as well as B1G1 FREE, so it depends.
- You do need to click to add these deals to your card.
- Make sure you are the only one using your club card. Gas rewards as well as Personalized deals.
- If you have a personalized deal and a $1.00 eCoupon off you can combine and use them both!
Those are all the main points to the program that I saw. I went shopping at Safeway without coupons (gasp!) with a $50 gift card they offered me and I was able to save 28% even without coupons. Pretty sweet! Thanks again Safeway for such a wonderful time.
To sign up for the Safeway JustForU program just go to the Safeway website.
Also you can do what I just did and add the Safeway app to your smartphone! If you have an android phone – go here to install the Safeway app. That way when you are on the go in the store you can see what new personalized deals there might be for you! Possibly something free!