Image credit: A HUGE thanks to Naoma May Photography for taking such wonderful photos for this series. Please do not copy or use these images without expressed consent.
Chapter 13: All Things Must Come To An End – Sort Of
We’ve all heard the news that the US Postal service is losing money and shutting down offices. Not on my wife’s watch, I think my wife and all other extreme couponers are single handedly saving the US Postal service. Getting multiple coupons is key to extreme couponing and I’ve explained in prior posts all the “fun” ways my wife has accomplished this feat, but there is another dirty little secret out there. I’m talking about Coupon Clipping Services.
Do you ever wonder where those couponers get all the coupons for 100 bottles of apple juice? The answer is clipping services. These handy businesses sell coupons already clipped and organized. Need 25 coupons for frozen pizza, they’ll ship them right to your door. I was worried when my wife began getting all these non-descript brown envelopes but she soon explained to me she was not a suburban drug runner only a dedicated couponer. The kids also enjoyed these packages since it meant less scissor time for them.
Well folks this will be my last episode. I think the wife is starting to get suspicious and for some reason she seems to be on the computer a lot more lately. I hope that my prior posts/rants/babblings about the being married to an extreme couponer has helped others out there learn to deal with this new lifestyle. I may poke fun but I’m proud of my wife and what she does for our family. Hard core couponing has meant life changes but it has also made us much happier and more money conscious. I realize that it’s not for everyone but if your wife does disappear one night to attend a coupon class – read this series and be ready for the ride.
PS. My wife just decided it was time to start a coupon blog…..kill me now please!
If you have missed previous chapters of So I Married A Couponer here they all are for you:
- Chapter 1 – The Big Bang
- Chapter 2 – What do you mean I’m not allowed to go shopping anymore?
- Chapter 3 – Coupon Hero or Puppet
- Chapter 4 – The Paper Boy Hates Me!
- Chapter 5 – Child Labor – Not Such a Bad Thing After All!
- Chapter 6 – Stockpiles are like Tribbles!
- Chapter 7 – I Think My Wife is Batman
- Chapter 8 -My Wife Can Do the Triple Lindy
- Chapter 9 – Is My Wife Getting Checked Out at the Check Out?
- Chapter 10 – I’m a Retail Guinea Pig
- Chapter 11 – Bigfoot, Lochness Monster and the Male Couponer
- Chapter 12 – Is It Really Better To Give Than Receive?
So I am curious – which chapter was your favorite?