Freezer meals aren’t just for dinner! This yummy list of make ahead & freeze lunches will change your life and pad your pocketbook! From taquitos to homemade hot pockets to burrito bowls, there is something here for everyone!
I am usually great about making freezer meals – however, the majority of them are for dinner. But this year, I have been trying to save money by making lunches ahead for my husband to take to lunch. And at home, I do enjoy them as well, by the way. A quick grab from the freezer, then a quick reheat makes a delicious healthy lunch. And I don’t have to cook or think about it. It’s great!
My kids get make-ahead cold lunches, but my husband likes warm food most of the time. Sometimes he takes leftovers, which is great, but we don’t always have leftovers on hand. For his lunch, I wanted one-dish meals that could easily be reheated in the microwave at his office. Healthy options that I can make ahead and freeze as well. So I wanted to share some of the best ideas out there that I have found. Most of these are things I can spend a morning cooking up in advance, and he can then take them out every day to pack in his lunch.
Please share what you or your husband take for lunch to save money!
10 Make Ahead and Freeze Lunches
1. Chicken Burritos – Oh, man, are these delicious! Make up a bunch, then freeze each individually to reheat at work.
2. 15-Minute Quinoa Burrito Bowls – These are like zesty tacos in a bowl but easier and filled with healthy, nutritious quinoa and chicken sausage to take it to that next level!
3. Homemade Hot Pockets – I customize these hot pockets for everyone’s lunches! Warm them in the microwave for a quick and tasty lunch.
4. Creamy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – One of my favorite lunches! Freeze soup in individual containers and heat for a quick and yummy warm lunch.
5. Homemade Freezer Chicken Taquitos with Cream Cheese & Cilantro – I bake these up so they are fully cooked, then just reheat them for lunch. My kids love them, too!
6. Sesame Honey Lettuce Wraps – Make these wraps for dinner and then package them up in individual portions for lunch! YUM!
7. Mini Naan Pizza – Make a bunch of these pizzas, customize them and then freeze them for a quick and delicious lunch! You can stick them in the microwave, oven, or air fryer!
8. Individual Chicken Pot Pies – These Mini Chicken Pot Pies are so easy to make and taste like they’re made from scratch! They are a perfect size and so hearty – perfect for a yummy lunch!
9. Chicken Burrito Bowls – These are the perfect combination of healthy ingredients, super flavorful taste, they are fast to reheat, and the best part of all? I get full from eating them!
10. Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas. Make up a pan of these enchiladas, then add to a lunch container/ziplock container. Freeze and take one each day – yum!
And this is just the beginning of yummy freezer meal lunch ideas!
More Lunch Ideas
- Homemade Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Easy Meatball Subs
- Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Make Ahead Orange Chicken
- 4 Ingredient Pizza Pocket
Hope you enjoyed this round-up of these yummy prepped lunches. Please share any other recipes or make-ahead lunch ideas you make too! Snap a picture and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #happymoneysaver and tagging me @happymoneysaver!