Before peach season ended, one of my neighbors offered me some of their peaches off of their tree. The only catch–they were ripe and ready to be used. My family and I ate as many as I could without getting sick and then I went straight into canning mode. My favorite way of canning is using honey instead of sugar. I don’t mind boiling them, peeling them or even slicing them. What I hate the most is measuring out the honey.
Please tell me I am not the only one with a honey bottle in the back of my pantry that has sticky dribbles down the side and a lid won’t shut all way because of the honey that has spilled down the side. And trying to measure out honey is the worst! You pour it in a measuring spoon just to try to get it out two seconds later. You have to try to scrape it out and in the process get honey all over your hand, the counter and half doesn’t even make it in the bowl! It bothers me so much sometimes that I just eyeball it in my recipes which then can change the consistency of my food.
Enter in – Nektar Honey Crystals.
These little honey crystals are 100% natural, gluten free and GMO free. They have the same classic taste of honey and are easy to use and even easier to measure and pour!
My favorite ways to use it these crystals are:
- Substitute the crystals for regular sugar when I bake. It cuts the calories and tastes amazing.
- Sprinkle it into my homemade Greek Yogurt. It elevates my simple Greek yogurt and turns into a gourmet breakfast with a simple sprinkle.
- Mix the crystals with a little bit of molasses for a quick glaze for chicken, fish or even grilled pineapple!
- Add it to the top of my Honey Oat Bread before cooking. It is the perfect compliment to the oatmeal.
- Stir it in fresh fruit for a little bit of sweetness. I especially like it in my strawberries when they are just a little tart!
- Measuring out the crystals instead of using the herbal tea for my Honey Lavender Homemade Relaxing Bath Melts makes this recipe so easy to do.
The best part about Nektar Honey Crystals is that they are now available at Walmart AND at Walmart.com. It is so easy to add it to your grocery cart and then use it in your recipes. They even have on-the-go, single serve packets so you can bring them with you to work or to add to drinks while you are out.
Because I love their product so much, I want you to try it out too! So it’s GIVEAWAY time!
Nektar Naturals have graciously offered a gift box including Nektar Honey Crystals plus a set of measuring spoons for baking AND a $50 gift card to Walmart!
How to Enter:
To enter this giveaway and be eligible to a gift box with Nektar Honey Crystals and a $50 gift card to Walmart, you need to:
1. MANDATORY – Answer the question “What would you make with the Nektar Honey Crystals?” Leave a comment on this giveaway post with your answer.
2. For extra entries use the Rafflecopter form below.
3. Wait and see if you are the winner!
Giveaway ends on 10/27/15 at 12:00 am EST. The winner’s name will be displayed in the rafflecopter widget below after contest is over. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!