Chicken Garlic Pasta
This super-easy garlic chicken pasta is easy to make and big on flavor. Sautéed chicken breast, onions, and garlic combined with penne pasta, tomatoes, spices, and cheese.
- 3 tbsps olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 lb raw boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup onion chopped (white or yellow)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter.
Once butter has melted add chicken pieces, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add the rest of the olive oil and onions and cook until translucent, about 5 or 6 minutes.
Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, crushed red pepper flakes and cooked chicken pieces. Stir and bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Stir in half & half and mozzarella cheese.
Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes for sauce to thicken. Enjoy!
- Use a disposable aluminum foil baking pan to freeze this recipe. It allows you to fill your freezer with delicious meals without holding your favorite baking pans hostage.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative and sub-in your favorite pasta.
- If you like more heat in your meals, don’t add more pepper flakes. Add some cayenne pepper as the chicken broth is heating up.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 691mg | Potassium: 662mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 391IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 2mg