Southwest Chicken Taco Salad
This is the best ever Chicken Taco Salad. Fresh romaine lettuce, tossed with perfectly grilled chicken breast, cool slices of avocado, and creamy queso fresco cheese. There’s a savory crunch in every bite from the crispy tortilla strips and pumpkin seeds. And the cilantro salad dressing is beyond delicious!
Servings: 4 servings
- Romaine lettuce, washed + cut/torn into bite-sized pieces.
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked + cut into bite sized cubes or thin slices
- 1 bag tortilla strips
- 1/2 -1 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- 1 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 4 tbsp salsa verde or green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic
When using avocados in a salad, look for an avocado that’s ripe but still firm. This allows you to make nice slices or cubes that don’t turn into mush.
Look for green pumpkin seeds, NOT WHITE.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 605kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 19g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1066IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 1mg