Burt's Bees Lip Balm Recipe Clone
Make your own Burt's Bees style lip balm!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 tubes
- 20 grams Beeswax (about 3 Tablespoons of the whiter beads but you can use a white/yellow bar too)
- 20 grams Cocoa Butter or Coconut Oil about 2 Tablespoons
- 45 grams Sunflower Oil 1/4 cup
- 8 drops Vitaman E oil 4 vitamin E oil tablets worth
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 12 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop Lanolin pea sized
Measure out all your ingredients except essential oils into a heat friendly cup or pan. You can use a glass dish in the microwave also. I cut open the little Vitamin E tablets and squeezed the good stuff into the cup.
Next, melt all the ingredients, and stir. The beeswax seemed to take the longest to melt, but it was all melted within a couple of minutes.
Once it's all melted add your essential oils and mix it up.
Then test it out, to make sure it has the flavor you want by letting a tiny bit cool on your finger. Rub it on your lips and check if its just right. If you feel it needs more mint or other flavorings, add more!
Then use a dropper to add the melted goodness into chapstick tubes. (If it cools too quickly before you’re done filling your tubes, just pop it in the microwave till it melts again.)
Then voila! You are done. Just let them all cool.
Calories: 66kcal | Fat: 7g