Homemade Ketchup from Fresh Tomatoes
A perfect way to use up all those fresh from the garden tomatoes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 24 servings
Ingredients for Fresh Tomato Ketchup:
- 3 pounds ripe fresh tomatoes ,roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion ,diced (or 1 tablespoon onion powder)
- 1 clove garlic ,minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
Add all ingredients into a large pot. Turn to medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble. Turn heat down to low and simmer, while constantly stirring and mashing the tomatoes, until it is the consistency of ketchup, around 30 minutes. The longer it cooks, the more flavorful your ketchup will be.
Once you get it to your desired consistency, let it cool and then blend in a blender or food processor until all ingredients mesh together.
You can keep this in your fridge up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1tsp | Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 138mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 7.9mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.2mg