Red and White Chili
Who knew chicken wing flavor packs could double as a chili seasoning? This red and white chili recipe is so hearty and delicious.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
- 1 lb. 500 mL boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 16 oz. 500 mL Chicken Broth
- 2-15 oz. 435 g cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2-15 oz. 435 g cans small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. 435 g can great northern beans, drained
- 2-6 oz. 175 g cans diced green chilis
- 1 large onion about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper about 1 cup (250 mL)
- 4 cloves garlic about 2 tsp. (10 mL)
- 1/2-1.06 oz. 31 g Mango Habanero Wing Seasoning Packet
- 2 Tbsp. 30 mL Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. 15 mL Coriander
- 2 tsp. 10 mL chili powder
- 1 tsp. 5 mL salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro for garnish, about 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Juice of 2 limes
Dice chicken thighs into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
Drain and rinse great northern, garbanzo, and small red beans.
Puree onion until smooth. Dice bell pepper into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes. Mince garlic
In a large bowl combine cubed chicken, rinsed beans, chicken broth, green chilis, pureed onion, diced bell pepper, minced garlic, 1/2 seasoning packet, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt. Stir well.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 576mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 51.5mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 6.4mg