This all natural lavender soap will leave your hands so soft and smelling like a fresh field of flowers!
If there is one thing I truly enjoy, it is making my own homemade items, like this lavender soap. You can choose what goes into it, how it is made (process), the shape it comes out to, etc. If you are into natural items like I am, it can be fun and pleasing to know what you’re getting without guessing.
I honestly never know what I’m getting when it comes to certain products. It can truly be scary to read and research the ingredients that can be found in an ingredient list. It is one of the biggest reasons I like to do so many homemade options for basic household items like this lavender soap. I use soap daily and I am sure many of you use it often as well.
With some soaps, it can be a gamble using it every day because the effects can be harmful or damaging over time. However, if you choose the right ingredients and know what your skin is sensitive to, you can have a more positive effect on your health and skin without worry.
Lavender is wonderful not only for allergies but for a range of skin issues. Plus, it smells amazing and lingers with a fresh scent of clean. Goat soap is non-abrasive. It’s gentle and provides healing to dried out skin. This combination is not only extremely simple to make but it has many positive benefits.
This homemade lavender soap is far easier to make than you think!
- 6 Ounces Unscented Goat Soap
- 15 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Lavender Flowers
Fill a small sauce pan about half full with water. Place a large metal bowl over the top of it.
Turn to medium heat and bring to a boil.
Slice your soap into smaller chunks and place in bowl.
Allow soap to slowly (not quickly) melt into a liquid state.
Remove from heat, add oil and flowers.
If you want color, you may add that as well at this point but I don’t mind the natural color.
Stir and pour into silicone soap mold.
Allow to sit for an hour or so to harden.
Remove from mold and enjoy!
Learn more about where to buy doTerra Essential Oils
Homemade Lavender Soap
- 6 oz Unscented Goat Soap
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 TBSP Dried Lavender Flowers
- Fill a small sauce pan about half full with water. Place a large metal bowl over the top of it.Turn to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Slice your soap into smaller chunks and place in bowl.
- Allow soap to slowly (not quickly) melt into a liquid state.
- Remove from heat, add oil and flowers. If you want color, you may add that as well at this point but I don’t mind the natural color.
- Stir and pour into mold.
- Allow to sit for an hour or so to harden.
- Remove from mold and enjoy!
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Food is my love language. But so is saving money. So I like to combine the two a lot and make thrifty make ahead and freeze meals to save time. Because life is busy, and freezer meals can come to the rescue for all of us. And yes, they actually CAN taste good. Read more...