This Mini Naan Pizza is so easy to make, kids won’t just love eating them, but they’ll love helping to make them, too!
I would love to spend more time with my kids cooking the way I did growing up, but between school, sports, and church, there always seems to be something keeping them busy.
When I think back on my happiest memories growing up, they are often of the strong women in my life, cooking to show love for their whole family, and me helping them in the kitchen.
From my Great Grandma and her cherished recipe box, to my mother’s ultimate comfort dish Chicken and dumplings, and my grandma making something as simple as a loaf of whole wheat bread, cooking is just what we do.
To try and spend more time with my family, I came up with the easiest homemade mini naan pizza recipe ever, and asked my youngest for help. I’m sure he would rather be playing video games or baseball with his friends, but who doesn’t love pizza?
Lucky for me – my bribe of pizza worked!
We hit the kitchen and starting making my mini naan pizzas! I put out the naan bread, he added sauce. I added cheese, and he’d carefully top each one: some pepperoni here, some green peppers and onions there.
When they came out of the oven, I could see he was excited to see them! But, what really sold it was after saying grace, watching his face beam with pride as everyone in the family clearly enjoyed the food he made!
The verdict! He actually had a good time, and they turned out great!
I would call this recipe a total success! So easy to make and you can put whatever you want on these! You can make a large batch of mini pizzas ahead of time, and then store them in the freezer for an after school snack on a busy day!
I would rather my kids reach for these over store bought pizza rolls any day.
CAN I FREEZE MINI NAAN PIZZA?
These mini pizzas are easily one of my favorite foods to freeze. Not only are they small and take up little room in the freezer, but they can last up to six months! After topping each pizza, just wrap them in plastic wrap for best results – either individually, or all together with a piece of parchment paper in between.
To reheat, simply preheat the oven to 400°F and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
WHAT ARE SOME GOOD NAAN PIZZA TOPPINGS?
With a recipe this easy, the sky’s the limit! I love topping all of these mini naan pizzas with pepperoni, salami, ham, peppers, onions, and anything else I have in my fridge!
You could always swap out the naan bread for something else, like English muffins or mini bagels. If you want to skip the pizza sauce, other ideas are BBQ or Alfredo sauce, or maybe even something like salsa or hummus.
Just make sure to match your toppings. Some Mediterranean style olives and feta would work well with the hummus, while black olives, Monterrey cheese and black beans would make for a great Southwest style pizza. Take a look below for even more topping ideas!
- Classic: pepperoni: tomato pizza sauce + mozzarella + pepperoni
- BBQ: BBQ sauce + mozzarella + bacon + chicken + pineapple
- Pesto: basil pesto sauce + mozzarella + Parmesan cheese
- Hawaiian: tomato pizza sauce + mozzarella + ham + pineapple
- Margherita: tomato pizza sauce + mozzarella + basil leaves + drizzle of olive oil
- Alfredo Bacon: Alfredo sauce + mozzarella + chopped cooked chicken + bacon
- Taco: leftover taco meat + shredded cheddar & Monterrey jack blend cheese + olives
- Dessert Pizza: diced apples, streusel topping + salted caramel drizzled after baking
Homemade Frozen Mini Naan Pizza
- 6 mini naan breads
- 8 ounces pizza sauce or other sauce you like such as Alfredo sauce, BBQ sauce, pesto etc.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Other pizza toppings that you like: pepperoni ham, pineapple, bacon, cooked and chopped chicken, peppers, onions, olives, tomatoes, etc.
- Lightly spray both sides of each mini naan with cooking spray. Then place on a lightly greased foil lined baking sheet.
- Spoon a bit of pizza or other sauce you like on the naan bread. Sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese and any toppings you like. See ideas below.
Make it Now
- Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack in the center. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and serve.
Make it a Freezer Meal
- After adding all toppings to each pizza wrap each individually in plastic wrap. OR stack pizzas with a small square of parchment between each one.
- Add to labeled gallon sized freezer safe bag, seal bag removing air and freeze flat.
Bake from frozen
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in the center.
- Place pizzas on a lightly greased foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and serve.