Delicious pulled pork sliders is a meal the whole family will love! Juicy pork covered in BBQ sauce served on a slider. Best of all, this slow cooker recipe can be made into a freezer meal!
I am a super foodie. I LOVE food.
I know I am not alone in feeling this. When my sister and her family come to town, we just feed each other’s addictions to food by trying new recipes and different fun restaurants.
Last time she was here, we were in the mood for something good for dinner that night. But we had two problems. We had plans to be gone for most of the day and would need something that could be ready when we returned home, starving!
And we had to feed our kids. Our picky kids. So it needed to be something they would actually eat for dinner, too.
We rummaged through my kitchen and found a beautiful pork shoulder roast. We knew instantly what dinner would be – pulled pork sliders! I mean, who can resist juicy pork covered in BBQ sauce served on a soft pillow of bread? Not us!!
We threw the pork in the slow cooker with the spices and a can of Dr. Pepper and left for the day. When we came home and opened the door, we were hit with the most incredible smell of perfectly cooked pork. Talk about mouthwatering!
Out came the most tender pork I have ever tasted! It was so good I could have just eaten it plain with a fork. But those soft rolls – they called to me!
I stirred in some of my homemade favorite bbq sauce and let all the flavors combine while we set the table and got the kids ready for dinner.
Oh my goodness…this pulled pork sliders slow cooker recipe was even better than I had expected them to be!! Tender, juicy pork smothered in sweet, tangy sauce all on top of the most beautiful bun! That is my kind of dinner!
It was a HIT with the kids, too! All of them clamored around for seconds and thirds of these sweet bbq pulled pork sliders. Is there anything better than your kids actually eating the dinner you made and LIKING IT!?!
All in all, it was the perfect combination of yummy adult food that was completely kid-friendly!
Check out this kid-friendly pulled pork sliders crock pot recipe!
Pulled Pork Sliders (with Freezer Meal Option)
- 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 can 12 oz dr. pepper or root beer
- 1-2 cups of your fav BBQ sauce
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Rub it over all sides of roast.
MAKE IT NOW
- Place pork roast in a large (approx. 5 quart) slow cooker. Pour dr pepper or rootbeer overtop. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, until pork is fork-tender. Remove from slow cooker, discarding juices. Transfer pork to a cutting board and, using two forks, shred into pieces, discarding excess fat. Return meat to slow cooker.
- Pour remaining 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce over shredded pork, stir, and cook for 30 minutes on High, until warmed through. Serve in buns, topped with slaw, if using.
MAKE IT A FREEZER MEAL
- Place pork roast in a labeled gallon-size (4 L) freezer bag. Add sauce mixture to bag. Place remaining 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce in a quart-size (1 L) freezer bag. Seal both, removing as much air as possible, and freeze together as a kit.
THAW AND COOK
- Place bags in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours to thaw. Place pork and sauce in a large (approx. 5 quart) slow cooker. Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, until tender and juicy. Remove pork from slow cooker, discarding juices. Transfer to a cutting board and, using two forks, shred into pieces, discarding excess fat. Return meat to slow cooker. Pour remaining 1 cup (250 mL) barbecue sauce over shredded pork, stir, and cook on High for 30 minutes, until heated through. Serve in buns, topped with slaw, if using.
HOW DO YOU FREEZE PULLED PORK?
It’s so easy to make this a freezer meal. Just place the raw pork roast in a labeled gallon-size freezer bag. Add the sauce mixture to the bag. Add the extra barbecue sauce in a quart-size freezer bag. Seal both of them, removing as much air as possible, and freeze together as a kit.
Then when you have a busy day coming thaw this pulled pork sliders slow cooker kit in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours to thaw. Add the pork and the sauce in a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until tender and juicy. Then, using two forks, shred into pieces, discarding excess fat. Pour remaining barbecue sauce over shredded pork.
You can serve it on buns topped with slaw or add some delicious freezer macaroni and cheese to go with it. These sliders are so good, no one’s going to be complaining tonight! It is the perfect meal after a busy day, sure to be gobbled up by everyone in your house!