This Doritos taco salad recipe has been mentioned multiple times by my children as being their most favorite dinner of all time. There is just something special about eating right out of a Doritos bag. The delicious crunch of the chips, the crisp fresh lettuce shredded to perfection, ground beef with just the right amount of spice. It’s so fun!
Doritos Taco Salad Recipe (In a BAG)
All you need to do is brown a pound of ground beef. Drain it, then add back to the pan with 1 cup of water and some taco seasoning. Simmer 4 minutes. Then crush up your chips, cut open the bag and add in your toppings like cheese, sour cream, meat and salsa. Eat right out of the bag with a fork!
I hope you enjoy this Doritos taco salad recipe as much as we do!
Doritos Taco Salad in a Bag Recipe
- 6 mini bags Doritos
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Cheese
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- Optional: Salsa, Beans, Avocado, Sour Cream
- Brown your Ground Beef or Turkey.
- Drain, add one packet taco seasoning and 1 cup water.
- Simmer 4 minutes.
- Grate your cheese, shred your lettuce.
- Take a Doritos Bag, crunch it up a little.
- Then open up the bag with scissors on the long side.
- Add your taco meat, lettuce, cheese , sour cream and any other ingredients you like. Eat with a fork right from the bag!
By the way you could easily cook up your taco meat in advance, freeze it and just reheat it on the day of your dinner. See other make ahead and freeze meal ideas here.
Food is my love language. But so is saving money. So I like to combine the two a lot and make thrifty make ahead and freeze meals to save time. Because life is busy, and freezer meals can come to the rescue for all of us. And yes, they actually CAN taste good. Read more...