I love making hamburger patties from scratch. It makes me feel all “Suzy homemaker” like, and that makes me feel cool. My make ahead hamburger patties are easy to put together and the patties freeze perfectly making it a nice addition to my growing list of freezer meals.
Let me show you just how easy making your own hamburger patties can be. Here are my step by step photo directions.
Make Ahead Hamburger Patties
Check out my post on how to form the perfect hamburger patties. There are many ways to do it, I used the shallow bowl method.
See how easy that was? Only 6 simple steps and it really doesn’t take very long either.
To cook : You can cook burgers frozen or thawed. Thawed seems to work better for me, but you can do either. Cook burgers to desired doneness.
My favorite way to make them is to toast some nice quality buns on the grill or on broiler in the oven. Have some crispy bacon, avocado, tomatoes, onions and crisp lettuce ready. After the first flip add in some cheese, allow it to melt. Then add burger to bun with all other toppings.
YUM! I really wish I could just make the food, take the pictures, eat the food and be done. To relive that blissful moment of snarfing down that burger through writing up this post and posting all these pictures is pure torture. Suddenly I feel like I’m STARRRRVVING!!!!
Here is the recipe for my make ahead hamburger patties. They will work perfect for those 4th of July BBQ’s we will all be attending this weekend. Enjoy!
Homemade Hamburger patties
Hamburger Patties are easy to put together and the patties freeze perfectly!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ½ fine sea salt
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
Combine all the spices in a small bowl, mix together.
- In another bowl add the ground beef and about 3/4 of the spices. Mix to combine well.
- Shape meat into hamburger patties and layer on cookie sheet. Sprinkle both sides of burger with a little bit of leftover spice mixture. Layer parchment in between each layer of shaped hamburger patties.
- Freeze. After frozen solid stack into a gallon sized freezer safe bag. Label and freeze.
- To cook : You can cook burgers frozen or thawed. Thawed seems to work better for me, but you can do either. Cook burgers to desired doneness.