Every mommy and daddy knows that a little “one on one” time – just the two of you, is crucial to your sanity and keeping those home fires burning! 😉
To spark some creativity, here’s a list of fun and inexpensive date night ideas that are sure to please both you and your honey!
1. Fire up the CD player with your favorite tunes from high school and have your own dance party in the living room.
2. Sit on the roof and watch the sunset together.
3. Enjoy s’mores or fondue by candlelight.
4. Enjoy a picnic in the park.
5. If your sweetie’s working late, surprise him with dinner at the office. Don’t forget the wine glasses and candles!
6. Break out the board games and see who’s the best Monopoly or Hungry, Hungry Hippo champion.
7. Buy all the ingredients for a new dish, then make it together at home.
8. Go for a stroll along the beach.
9. Go to the park and play like a kid again! Push each other on the swings, race down the slides, swing across the monkey bars – you get the idea.
10. Lay out on a blanket in the backyard and stargaze.
11. Watch your wedding video or look through your wedding photos.
12. Go for a scenic drive through the mountains or along the coast.
13. Go camping – just the two of you.
14. Go ice or roller skating together.
15. Have a water gun, leaf pile or snowball fight.
16. Give each other a massage or back rub.
17. Rent a movie, make some popcorn, turn out the lights and cuddle up!
18. Re-live your first date! Get dressed up and visit the same place (or the equivalent) and get to know each other all over again.
19. Enjoy a coffee together at the local coffee shop or Starbucks. Sit back, relax and just catch up on each other’s day.
20. Go for a bike ride together.
21. Grab a loaf of bread and feed the ducks at the pond or lake.
22. Go for a walk together. Don’t forget to hold hands!
23. Enjoy a milkshake – with two straws.
24. Visit a karaoke bar and perform a duet!
Now it’s your turn! What do you do to connect with your sweetie? Got any thrifty date ideas you would like to share?
Food is my love language. But so is saving money. So I like to combine the two a lot and make thrifty make ahead and freeze meals to save time. Because life is busy, and freezer meals can come to the rescue for all of us. And yes, they actually CAN taste good. Read more...