Every mommy and daddy knows that a little “one on one” time – just the two of you, is crucial to your sanity and keeping those home fires burning! 😉
To spark some creativity, here’s a list of fun and inexpensive date night ideas that are sure to please both you and your honey!
1. Fire up the CD player with your favorite tunes from high school and have your own dance party in the living room.
2. Sit on the roof and watch the sunset together.
3. Enjoy s’mores or fondue by candlelight.
4. Enjoy a picnic in the park.
5. If your sweetie’s working late, surprise him with dinner at the office. Don’t forget the wine glasses and candles!
6. Break out the board games and see who’s the best Monopoly or Hungry, Hungry Hippo champion.
7. Buy all the ingredients for a new dish, then make it together at home.
8. Go for a stroll along the beach.
9. Go to the park and play like a kid again! Push each other on the swings, race down the slides, swing across the monkey bars – you get the idea.
10. Lay out on a blanket in the backyard and stargaze.
11. Watch your wedding video or look through your wedding photos.
12. Go for a scenic drive through the mountains or along the coast.
13. Go camping – just the two of you.
14. Go ice or roller skating together.
15. Have a water gun, leaf pile or snowball fight.
16. Give each other a massage or back rub.
17. Rent a movie, make some popcorn, turn out the lights and cuddle up!
18. Re-live your first date! Get dressed up and visit the same place (or the equivalent) and get to know each other all over again.
19. Enjoy a coffee together at the local coffee shop or Starbucks. Sit back, relax and just catch up on each other’s day.
20. Go for a bike ride together.
21. Grab a loaf of bread and feed the ducks at the pond or lake.
22. Go for a walk together. Don’t forget to hold hands!
23. Enjoy a milkshake – with two straws.
24. Visit a karaoke bar and perform a duet!
Now it’s your turn! What do you do to connect with your sweetie? Got any thrifty date ideas you would like to share?
The Dating Divas says
Just wanted you to know that you were featured in our ULTIMATE Date Idea Round-up today! http://www.thedatingdivas.com/romantic-rendezvous/101-date-idea-round-ups-the-ultimate-date-night-list/ Thanks for sharing your date ideas! XOXO, The Dating Divas
That is SO awesome- love that idea Christi!
I had a really fun idea for a crazy cheap and spontaneous date night! I made my fiance his favorite meal and I put it in the office. I went to the dollar store and I bought 2 water guns. I taped his to the door filled with water with a note that said *There is chicken pot pie in the office. In order to get it you have to get through me. You will need this. Good luck.* He walked in and I just nailed him with my own water gun. We had a blast, even though it was a pain to clean up it was so fun and we laughed about it all night!
I hate to be a downer for date #21, but feeding ducks bread, is actually very bad for them. For ducklings who live in an area that they are routinely fed bread, they may never learn to find food on their own. This is especially prominent in areas where the ducks are fed very often. Bread and most other items that humans tend to feed ducks holds no nutritional value to them, and should be refrained from.
There are some foods that can be fed to ducks, like grapes and defrosted pees, but I would recommend not feeding ducklings anything so that you ensure that they’ll be able to find their own food.
So no feeding ducks bread, but you’ll feed them pee? =P
I use this great app that my husband made android phones called “Love Your Husband”b which has suggestions for loving your spouse according to their “Love Language”, the paid version (only $.99) also has fantastic date ideas!!! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.peakmobiledesigns.loveyourhusband&feature=search_result
My husband and I really enjoy cooking together, and then sitting down with a movie, or playing a game together! Gets us talking and with a game, some friendly competition!