Are you ready for one of the easiest slow cooker recipes? These Slow Cooker Boneless Pork Ribs are simple to make, so tender and only require a handful of ingredients. It can be made ahead of time and it’s freezer friendly, too!
What Makes These Slow Cooker Boneless Ribs So Amazing?
Freezer-Friendly. This recipe is simple as is, but turning this into a freezer meal makes it even easier. Zero pre-cooking is required for this recipe to be a freezer meal.
Easy. Does it get any easier than adding all of the ingredients to your slow cooker?
Taste. These ribs are fall-apart tender and taste incredible!
Simple. This recipe doesn’t call for a huge list of ingredients or techniques.
What Goes Into This Recipe?
Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make this delicious slow cooker, freezer meal.
You’ll only need:
- boneless pork country-style ribs
- large onion
- brown sugar
- apple sauce
- bbq sauce
- salt and pepper
How Do You Make These Slow Cooker Boneless Pork Ribs?
Are you ready for the easiest slow cooker recipe around? This is all you need to do:
Lightly salt and pepper your boneless pork ribs on both sides.
Add the ribs, onion, garlic, brown sugar, apple sauce and bbq sauce to your slow cooker. Gently mix it all up. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Remove meat from the slow cooker. Discard the juices.
Shred the ribs into pieces. Top with fresh bbq sauce. Serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make These Crock Pot Boneless Ribs Into A Freezer Meal?
Absolutely! To freeze, start by adding salt and pepper to your boneless ribs. Mix together all other ingredients. Add all to a freezer safe gallon sized bag—>>here are my favorite reusable bags! Label it and freeze it.
When you are ready to cook them, thaw the freezer bag in the refrigerator and then add to the slow cooker as directed. Cook on low 5-6 hours and enjoy!
This is one of those meals that you can multiply and make for a crowd or you can make for individual servings.
What Are Country-Style Pork Ribs?
Country-style pork ribs aren’t like the traditional ribs we are used to. First, they are boneless. They are cuts of pork shoulder (what we use for pulled pork) that are marbled for a lot of flavor that makes the meat really tender when cooked low and slow!
Most of the time they are ready to go into your slow cooker but if any of your ribs have the fat cap attached – a thick, even layer of fat attached to one side of the meat – cut it off with a knife before you season it.
What Kind of BBQ Sauce Should I Use?
My favorite kind of bbq sauce is my Homemade BBQ Sauce – so good! But when I don’t have time to whip it up, I use any original store-bought bbq sauce.
Stay from a flavored bbq sauce like honey bbq so the sauce doesn’t get too sweet. And if you are looking for some extra zing, add some red pepper flakes or sriracha into the bbq sauce. It tastes amazing!
Looking For More Pork Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops– All you need is a handful of ingredients and some seasoning to make these slow cooker smothered pork chops. Delight your senses with each bite!
- Pulled Pork Sliders – Freezer Meal– Delicious pulled pork sliders – a meal the whole family will love! Juicy pork covered in BBQ sauce served on a slider with make ahead freezer meal options!
- Instant Pot Pork Chili Verde – This Instant Pot melt-in-your-mouth seared pork chili verde is coated in a sauce that is a perfect balance of mild peppers, tangy lime juice & cilantro.
If you make this meal, I would love to see it! Snap a picture and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #happymoneysaver and tagging me @happymoneysaver!
Boneless Country Style BBQ Ribs
- slow cooker
- 2-3 lbs boneless pork country-style ribs
- 1/2 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper
- Lightly salt and pepper your boneless pork ribs on both sides. Add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Gently mix it all up.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove meat from slow cooker. Discard juices.
- Top with 1/2 cup fresh bbq sauce. Serve.
- Salt and pepper your boneless ribs. Mix together all other ingredients. Add all to a freezer safe gallon sized bag. Label and freeze.
- To cook: Thaw the freezer bag and add to slow cooker as directed. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- If any of your ribs have the fat cap attached – a thick, even layer of fat attached to one side of the meat – cut it off with a knife before you season it.
- My favorite kind of bbq sauce is my Homemade BBQ Sauce or use any original store-bought bbq sauce.
- Looking for some extra zing, I add some red pepper flakes or sriracha into my bbq sauce.
Craving more? Subscribe to HappyMoneySaver to get the newest recipes, freezer meal tips and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox. Add your email to the top of the page to get started!