This simple and delicious 3-ingredient cream cheese apple dip recipe is going to absolutely blow your mind! Whip this crowd favorite up in just 5 minutes and dip away into this thick, smooth, creamy apple dip.
You guys… you need this dip in your lives. It just makes eating apples so much more fun.
This dip tastes lighter than store-bought caramel dip, but a little bit sweeter and thicker than other yogurt based apple dips. The secret is the cream cheese.
I remember one time I was asked to bring an appetizer to a church ladies event. I thought of all the typical things, like pumpkin bars, meat & cheese trays, meatballs, chocolate chip cookies, apple crisp and more.
But I decided to simply make a big batch of this cream cheese apple dip , place it in a bowl on a tray and surround it with sliced apples, strawberries and bananas, and grapes. And guess what…. it was the most popular appetizer of the night!
Apple Dip: How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways….
- Taste. Oh. My. Heavens! This dip is the creamiest, most decadent fruit dip I have ever had. It’s perfectly sweet, with hints of vanilla and brown sugar in every bite. Trust me, it’s so good that you’ll have to hide it from your family so that it doesn’t disappear before you get the chance to enjoy some!
- Easy. Nothing beats a super simple fool-proof recipe like this one! No special appliances or kitchen tools necessary. No exotic or hard to pronounce ingredients. Just three simple ingredients and a little mixing and you’ve got yourself a super yummy apple dip recipe that the whole family is going to rave about!
- Classic. Apple dip is a classic, crowd favorite recipe that you can enjoy all year. I mean, it’s particularly good in the fall months when apples are in season and on sale, but there’s nothing to keep you from enjoying this super tasty treat any time of the year!
What Are The 3 Ingredients?
This recipe is so incredibly simple to make that you’ll be left wondering if you missed an ingredient somehow. This dish just takes 3 super basic ingredients (and some apples, of course)!
You’ll only need:
- Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar
Making the Cream Cheese Apple Dip:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this is likely to be one of the easiest recipes you’ve ever made. I’m talking 5 minutes or less easy!
Mix the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended and all the sugar grains have dissolved.
Refrigerate or serve immediately.
That’s it! Now enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What apples are best for dipping?
You can use any nice crisp apple really, but the tang and tartness of a Granny Smith apple pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the dip.
Also, if you can get your hands on my favorite apple of all time: the SweeTango – it will be the most amazing combo of your life. 🙂
But if you’re not a fan of tart apples, I’d recommend going with a classic like Honeycrisp or Braeburn. But let’s be honest, it’s all really personal preference. Let me know what your favorite dipping apples are in the comments!
What else can I serve with this cream cheese apple dip?
Besides apples, there are tons of other delicious items you can pair with this brown sugar cream cheese dip. Any of these would be great piled around a bowl of dip on a platter. Here are some of my favorites:
- Graham Crackers
- Sliced Pears
- Ginger Snap Cookies
- Buttery Round Crackers
- Pretzels or Pretzel Sticks
How long does fruit dip last in the fridge?
This wonderful fruit dip is best used up within 5 days when properly stored in the fridge in an airtight food container. I wouldn’t freeze it, as freezing any dairy product tends to result in a less than appetizing grainy texture once it has been thawed.
What can you do with soft apples?
End up buying more apples than you needed and now you’re left with some soft ones? No worries! Check out these delicious apple recipes for an easy way to use up those soft apples:
Tips And Tricks
- Softened Cream Cheese. You really need to make sure that your cream cheese has been softened so the brown sugar will dissolve into it. Otherwise you might end up with some crunchy sugar bits in there. Just leave the cream cheese out on the counter for about 30 minutes before whipping up the dip.
- Want a More Whipped Consistency? If you like your dip a little more fluffy and whipped reduce the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and beat only the cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy (on high speed about 5 minutes). Then add your vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Hand or Machine Mixing. You can mix with a stand mixer or hand-held beaters or even a whisk if you have strong muscles!
- Keep Your Apples From Going Brown. You can pre-slice your apples, place them in a bowl with water and lemon juice, pineapple juice or fruit fresh and soak them for ten minutes, then drain, transfer to a bag and keep in fridge until ready to use. This should help keep your apples from going brown faster.
Want More Delicious Dessert Recipes?
- Mini Cheesecakes – These little cheesecakes are no bake and delightfully freezer friendly!
- Fresh Raspberry Tart Recipe – Super easy to make and loaded with fresh fruit, these tarts are the perfect dessert!
- Easy Bavarian Cream Puffs – These homemade cream puffs are a definite crowd-pleaser and so delicious!
- Sunshine Cake Recipe – This classic and vintage cake recipe tastes just like something grandma would make!
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies – These cookies are super soft, incredibly tasty and so very easy to make!
If you make this Apple Dip, I would love to see it! Snap a picture of your dip and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #happymoneysaver and tagging me @happymoneysaver!
3-Ingredient Cream Cheese Apple Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the softened cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla into a bowl.
- Using a whisk, stand mixer or electric hand-beaters, mix them all together until smooth and all sugar grains have dissolved and texture changes to a shiny and smooth consistency. This might take 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately by dipping slices of apples into the dip. Or refrigerate dip for later.
Want more recipes? Subscribe to HappyMoneySaver to get the newest recipes, meal plans and freezer meal tips directly in your inbox! Sign up at the top of the page!