Bring the magic of the holidays into your home with this DIY Winter Wonderland Snow Globe. Great for kids big and small.
You never knew making your own Snow Globe was this easy! With just a few ingredients, and a little bit of magic (aka shaking), your home will be elevated with this fun and festive Winter Wonderland Snow Globe. Plus, this is a great project to make with your kids this season, no matter the age. They will feel so special having their own snow globe! There are a ton of little figurines you can find at local craft stores that will really make your snow globe special. I can’t wait to see all of your creations.
4-ounce glass salve jar (you can find them here): $.85
Epoxy or waterproof glue: $3.00
Miniature figurines: $1.00
Distilled Water: $.00
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Glycerin: $.31
2 teaspoons glitter: $.25
How to Make a DIY Winter Wonderland Snow Globe
1. Remove liner seal from the lid of your salve jar.
2. Using the epoxy or waterproof glue, adhere your figurines to the inside of your lid. Make sure that your figurines aren’t too tall for the jar. One of my trees I used in this snow globe was originally too tall. I just trimmed the top to make it fit.
3. Once the figurines are glued to the inside lid, let it sit to dry.
4. Fill the salve jar 3/4 full with distilled water. Add glitter and glycerin. Top with more distilled water, making sure that it won’t overflow once you put the lid with the figurines on.
5. Add glue to the top edge of the salve jar to help make sure the snow globe won’t leak.
6. Twist on the lid with the attached figurines.
7. Shake the jar and watch the magic happen!
Food is my love language. But so is saving money. So I like to combine the two a lot and make thrifty make ahead and freeze meals to save time. Because life is busy, and freezer meals can come to the rescue for all of us. And yes, they actually CAN taste good. Read more...