We are still in the glorious first weeks of fall, and somehow I managed to unhook my pumpkin spice IV drip to make my first soup of the season. This easy to make beef stew recipe is delicious and YES you can make it in the slow cooker! Which means you throw it all together, and let the ingredients do the work, leaving you more time to pin obsessive amounts of pumpkin recipes.
Easy to Make Beef Stew Recipe
Dump all the spices, flour and meat into a Ziplock gallon freezer bag. Let this sit for about 30 minutes or overnight. I put together 4 or 5 of these bags and keep them in the freezer, because as you know I love me some freezer meals! I’m always on the lookout for when stew meat goes on sale so I can always have a few of these on hand.
If you are pulling your bag from the freezer let it sit in the fridge overnight to thaw and it will be ready to toss with your other ingredients in the morning. Yes folks, this recipe did, just in fact, get easier.
Assembly at this point is 10 minutes max. Plug in your crock pot, open a few cans, chop a few veggies, eat a few pumpkin cookies and give it a quick stir. Make sure you start this early in the day so the flavors really meld together! By late afternoon your house will smell amazing, and you might even get a few high fives from your husband and/or offspring as they come through the door.
About three hours before serving, add your potatoes and green beans if you wish, plus there is always room for extra veggies in this stew. Think zucchini, bell peppers, corn, mushrooms or spinach!
I love the hearty big chunks of meat and veggies, and the thick flavorful broth.
Serve with fresh parsley and warm rolls. This homemade roll recipe is awesome!!
I’ve added an easy to follow recipe card down below so there is no excuse to not try this easy to make beef stew. If this recipe puts you in the slow cooker mood, try one of these fabulous recipes in the link below!
- 1 Gallon Freezer Bag
- 1 1/2 lb Beef Stew Meat Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Dried Minced Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic finely minced or grated
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dried Marjoram
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 14 oz Beef Stock
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 1/2 C of Carrots cleaned and sliced 1/4” thick, or one (8 oz.) bag of baby carrots, rinsed
- 1 oz can of Diced Tomatoes undrained, 14 .
- 1 oz can of Tomato Paste 4 .
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1.5 lbs Yukon gold Potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Cup Frozen Green Beans (optional) or 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms or additional veggies of your choice
- In a 1 Gallon Freezer bag put Stew Meat, Flour, Dried Minced Onion, Garlic, Salt, Sugar, Marjoram, and Oregano. Shake well, and freeze until ready to use. * remove from freezer and place in fridge the night before it will be going into the crock-pot
- Eight hours before you want to eat: In a crock-pot, on High, add the contents of your freezer bag, Beef Stock, Water, Carrots, Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, and Worcestershire Sauce, Stir, Cover. Leave to cook.
- Three hours before serving, wash, peel, cut, and add the potatoes and additional veggies, stir, cover, and cook until potatoes are done. Serve hot.