Want to know what’s amazing? These chocolate walnut blondies. This my friends, THIS is delicious and perfect and delicious, and did I already say delicious? I mean this is a chewy, and soft and moist blondie stuffed with all the little chocolate pieces (that get melted and perfect) and lots of crunchy walnut pieces. Heaven on Earth if you ask me.
Are you still asking yourself why this is so good? It’s thanks to the chocolate overload. So you can get excited with me because this is perfect for all the choco lovers out there *raises hand*
But want to know what’s even better than that? They are freezer friendly. I like to make sure that I’m keeping my freezer stocked all the time but not only with savory dishes and delicious dinners but with desserts and snacks as well.
Freezer friendly desserts are actually the most important part of my cooking routine – I know, it’s a bit unexpected – but it has been a total life saver. With freezer friendly treats such as this chocolate and walnut blondies, I’m able to pull out a fancy 5-star dinner experience in no time. I’m also able to satisfy all those cravings that kids (and honestly adults!) have.
And I’m also able to pull out a date night with the hubby without needing a ton of extra effort or cooking on my part. I like to make a big batch of them, slice them into big squares and tight wrap them in plastic film before taking to the freezer. You can let them thaw at room temperature or pop them real quick in the oven before serving.
And if you want to go all out and create one of those drool-worthy desserts just add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and a generous drizzle of chocolate syrup!
Seriously…. LOOK at how delicious that looks close up!
Chocolate Walnut Blondies
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs - Room Temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a baking pan with some butter. Set it aside.
- In a big bowl and with the help of a whisk, whisk the butter and white sugar together. Add the brown sugar, eggs, and the vanilla extract and mix well. Fold in the flour.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and add the chocolate pieces and the chopped walnuts on top.
- Take to the oven and bake until the top is golden brown, around 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Cut into squares and tightly wrap in plastic wrap.
FREEZE FOR LATER:
Simply wrap squares tightly in plastic wrap and place inside a Ziploc Bag.
Remove and dethaw at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes.
Serve as is or warm in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
These will be absolutely perfect for Valentines Day, nothing says “love” like sweet treats!