A nice warm filling frugal meal for a cold winters night. Mmmmm… This is one recipe I love because its a throw-together-in-the-crockpot in the morning type meal..one I don’t have to think about. Plus it turns out perfectly every time. Enjoy!
This recipe also works well for a quick freezer meal. Typically I add all the cold ingredients (except carrots and water – these need to be added day of) into a ziploc freezer bag. Freeze. Then night before I take this bag to thaw in fridge. In the morning I add it to the crockpot with carrots and water. Saves me a lot of measuring time.
Slow Cooker Beef Barley Stew
- 1 lb Beef Stew Meat *diced small*
- 1 1/4 cups sliced or chopped carrot
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 5 cups Water
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Beef Bouillon powder
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- Place all ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker or Crock-pot.
- Stir it up.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on High.