At the Beginning of 2009 I asked my readers if they would like to see me on a budget. They said YES!
So it was decided to spend only $200 per month for my family which consists of myself, my husband and our 4 children. I am trying hard to stick to the budget..but it is not always easy. I have really cut back on fast food..which has been hard because I really love fast food.
What IS included in my budget for 2009:
1. All FOOD from Grocery Stores
2. All Health and Beauty Items
3. Pleasure Fast food (except Date nights and birthday-type dinners)
4. All cleaning supplies
5. All toiletries like toothpaste,toothbrushes,feminine care, ect.
What is NOT included in my 2009 budget:
2. Bills,Car,Gas,househould supplies.
3. Dog food..(sorry..I havent been adding those in..maybe next year.)
5. Newspaper subscription/buying coupons
I already have a few years supply of cleaning supplies, toiletries, hair care, and feminine products to begin with from my previous years of couponing. And a years supply of basic dry food storage as well. So even though it might not look like I am purchasing much for my family in various food groups I do have other items purchased previously, and am using food from my stockpile. That food was paid for once, so I am not including it in my budget again for this year as I use it. I waited until things went on sale and used coupons to get a lot of it FREE! You can do this as well!! I can teach you how.