Let your skin glow and soul shine with this deliciously gorgeous Raspberry-Basil Body Polish!
There isn’t a soul in my house hold that can walk past a ripe raspberry without popping it in their mouth. Raspberries just have that perfect pop of color and that sweet tart crunch that makes you crave the sunshine and warm summer fun. What could be better than eating a raspberry? Okay, this is gonna sound nuts…but using it as a body polish is so much fun! Not only do raspberries smell divine, especially when paired with the fresh and astringent pop of basil, but because they are chalk full of antioxidants, calcium, potassium, and Vitamins A,B, and C they are incredibly beneficial to your skin. This Raspberry-Basil Body Polish will exfoliate away impurities and flaky skin as well as brighten and purify your skin and pores. Also, because basil has cooling properties your skin will be the perfect balanced tone with no irritation or redness!
You will be a glowing beauty, and girl…heads will turn!
2 cups ripe raspberries: $3.00
1/4 cup honey: $0.47
– 2 drops Basil essential oil
1 cup brown sugar: $0.61
2 drops Basil essential oil: $0.21
Raspberries: Raspberries are full of wonderful nutrients, including antioxidants, vitamins, and other properties that are great for every skin type. These properties help to cleanse, purify, tighten, and brighten your skin.
Honey: The antioxidants in honey help to repair skin and protect it again oxidative and environmental damage. Honey contains superior antibacterial, probiotic, and healing properties and is super nourishing and hydrating to the skin.
Brown Sugar: The small granules in brown sugar help to gently and naturally exfoliate your skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
Basil Essential Oil: While Basil essential oil is not a common oil to put on your skin, it is actually super good for it! It not only cools your skin, but purifies and reduces redness as well.
How to Make Raspberry-Basil Body Polish
2 cups raspberries
1/4 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
2 drops Basil essential oil
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mash raspberries with a fork.
2. Add honey, brown sugar, and Basil essential oil and stir until well blended.
3. To use, apply a generous amount of Raspberry-Basil Body Polish onto damp skin in circular motions. This can get messy, so I recommend applying it in the bath or shower. Continue rubbing until sugar dissolves. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply lotion onto body after for best results.
** Note: this recipe is best used right away!
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 drops Basil essential oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash raspberries with a fork.
- Add honey, brown sugar, and Basil essential oil and stir until well blended.
- To use, apply a generous amount of Raspberry-Basil Body Polish onto damp skin in circular motions. This can get messy, so I recommend applying it in the bath or shower. Continue rubbing until sugar dissolves. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply lotion onto body for best results.