This week has been blistering HOT! Plus the kids started swim lessons so we have been baking our tushes in the sun for a few hours each day. We came home Tuesday and I decided a water balloon fight was in store!
Items You’ll Need:
- Water Source
- Nozzle (to fill balloons)
- Water Balloons – Amazon has 100 pack for only $3.99
First you’ll want to lay down a blanket or towel on the grass so the balloons wont pop. We have used a plastic bin before but they pop when you start stacking them on top of each other so a towel is the way to go 😉
We had a system down, Linzey and Landon filled the balloons with water, I tied them and Drake carried them over to the towel. We filled about 70 balloons, with at least 25 bursting before they made it to the towel 😀 Oh well, it was a great way to stay cool!
Drake threw the first balloons:
Whoops Drake didn’t hit the target as you can see Linzey smiling huge 😀
Linzey squeezed a balloon on top of Landon, he wasn’t too happy with her. In his defense, it was a long hot day at the pool and he really could’ve used a nap!
Landon got back in the game and Linzey gave him the look “do it, I dare you” so he decided to attack Drake instead.
Linzey ran out of water balloons and Landon had the last one so she resorted to the hose.
Target missed again, dang! But she flinched big time! 😀
Suggestions for Next Time:
- We only had one rule no face shots allowed, I suggest you make a pile of balloons for each child so everyone has an equal amount.
- I think the more kids the funner it’d be!
- Use a slipping slide with water balloons on both sides so the children can run, slip, slide and attack 😀
- Make sure all children are well rested so you don’t end up in melt down city, aka Landon.
All in all, I spend under $5 for a few hours of fun! We have leftover water balloons for another day or play!