Got a pile of newspapers left over from all that coupon-clipping?
Since winter’s a long way off (and chances are, you won’t be needing those papers for fire starters), consider putting that stack of newsprint to good use by cleaning your windows the old-fashioned way!
You Will Need:
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Rubber gloves (optional)
- To begin, mix one half water with one half vinegar in your spray bottle. Mix well. (For a fresh, lemony smell you can add a bit of lemon juice to the mixture.)
- Put on your rubber gloves and crumple a sheet of newspaper really well.
- Spray windows with vinegar solution.
- Wipe dry with your newspaper.
- Stand back and admire your handy work!
One final word about wearing rubber gloves: As I said, this is totally optional. However, wet newspaper can leave you with that less-than-flattering, “My mascara bottle exploded all over my hands” look. If this isn’t your thing (as it’s definitely not mine), I suggest donning the still-not-uber-flattering rubber gloves. 😉
Food is my love language. But so is saving money. So I like to combine the two a lot and make thrifty make ahead and freeze meals to save time. Because life is busy, and freezer meals can come to the rescue for all of us. And yes, they actually CAN taste good. Read more...