Camping in the summer creates the best memories. I’m not sure if it is the fact that you are out communing with nature or that you can’t get cell reception that really pulls families together. Whether you are camping at the beach, a campground or even in your own backyard, everyone could benefit from knowing a trick or two. Here are 8 of my favorite camping hacks to use on your next camping experience!
8 Genius Camping Hacks
2. Before you leave on your trip put important and sensitive items in separate plastic bags for safe keeping. Even though your phone might not get service, if you bring it camping encase it in a plastic baggie for protection and make it easy to keep track of.
3. Fill clean, empty milk jugs with water and freeze it before leaving on your camp trip. Add the jugs to your cooler to save money on ice and keep your food cold for longer. When it melts you can use that water as drinking water for your family.
4. Make your zippers easy to handle by adding a key ring to them. This is especially useful for sleeping bags in the middle of the night!
5. Wrap duct tape around your water bottle or a flashlight to save space and also have quick and easy access to it. Duct tape is great for blisters and also can be used to remove ticks.
6. Wrap a headlamp around an opaque plastic bottle to make an instant lantern. It can light up your tent by hanging it in the middle of the tent or you can leave it outside to use it at night.
7. For fewer burrs when you are hiking, rub the laces of your hiking boots with paraffin before hitting the trail. It is nice to come back and be ready for your next adventure without worrying about cleaning up your shoes.
8. Yoga mats are not just for exercise anymore. They can double as foam sleeping pads to isolate you from the ground and give comfort when sleeping. Yoga mats roll up nicely and are easy to throw in to your camping supplies.
What are your family’s favorite camping hacks?