Well, hello there fellow cheapskate. I’m here to solve your problem with finding an inexpensive, easy to make homemade all natural carpet cleaner solution for your carpet shampooer machine.
Because you and I.. we are like-minded in a lot of ways.
We both HATE spending like $20+ dollars on that bottle of rug doctor concentrate carpet cleaner stuff, but really do want to have nice smelling carpets. Oh the struggle is real, right?
Well… I actually have TWO homemade carpet cleaning recipes on this here blog.
This all natural carpet cleaner solution recipe in this post. And my all-time favorite (although not-all-natural) homemade carpet cleaner recipe here. Both work great but in all honesty, I do prefer my other one more just because it’s so powerful at getting the stains out.
What I love about this recipe is I always have the ingredients on hand. So when I’m too tired to run to the store when I’m out of ingredients for my other recipe I turn to this recipe!
Homemade All Natural Carpet Cleaner Solution Recipe
- 1/2 gallon vinegar
- 1/2 gallon hot water
- 5 drops essential oils optional
MAKING THE SOLUTION
- In a large bowl or pitcher, combine the vinegar, hot water and essential oils, stirring until well combined.
HOW TO USE SOLUTION
- Before you begin cleaning, make sure that your carpet has been thoroughly vacuumed.
- Fill machine reservoir with this solution.
- Test this homemade carpet cleaner on a less visible area of flooring to make sure it's safe for your carpet and wait at least 24 hours for the test spot to dry to see the results.
- Then you can run the machine over your entire carpet, making sure to show special attention to stains or spots. Wait least 24 hours for the carpet to dry and you're done!
This recipe will clean your carpets very well and can get some powerful stains out too. But I will warn you, it will smell like vinegar pretty strongly while you are shampooing the carpets. But after it dries you will be left with a nice clean smelling house and no vinegar smells.
Happy saving money friends!
OTHER GREAT DIY CLEANING RECIPES
- Best EVER Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution
- DIY Carpet Cleaner Powder Dry Shampoo
- Homemade Armor All Car Cleaning Spray
- DIY Liquid Hand Soap recipe
- Make Your Own Swiffer Wet Pads
- Homemade Laundry Detergent
Food is my love language. But so is saving money. So I like to combine the two a lot and make thrifty make ahead and freeze meals to save time. Because life is busy, and freezer meals can come to the rescue for all of us. And yes, they actually CAN taste good. Read more...