This Freezer Meatballs Recipe is a staple in our household. They are super simple to make and it’s easy to double the batch. I am always stocking up the freezer with them because my family loves them so much. You can eat them on a sandwich, with pasta, or just by themselves! They are delicious!
Easy Freezer Meatballs Recipe
First, preheat your oven to 375˚. Then, chop up 1 medium onion in a small dice. You will most likely be crying by the time you are done…but these meatballs are totally worth a good cry.
Add 2 lbs. of ground beef, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, and the diced onion to a large mixing bowl.
Add 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste.
Then, add 3/4 cup of plain bread crumbs.
I like to add 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. I love the little bit of heat it brings, but you can leave this out if you like. Or you can add even more if you like things extra spicy!
Next, add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 Tablespoon of dried basil. You can just add them straight to the mixing bowl with all of the other ingredients. I just thought they all looked pretty in this little white bowl.
Now it’s time to get messy! Combine all ingredients until mixed well. You can use a spoon if you like, but I think your hands work the best to get everything incorporated.
Bake them for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This Freezer Meatballs Recipe is so easy to freeze. Just let them cool completely, put in a freezer safe zip lock bag and place in the freezer. When you are ready to eat, let them thaw in the refrigerator and heat as needed. You can reheat them in the microwave, oven, or in a pot of sauce on the stove top. So easy!
Below is a printable recipe card. Enjoy!
Freezer Meatballs Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flake optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well with hands or spoon.
- Shape into 1 1/2" balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.
If you love to cook, try these out!
- Karrie’s Favorite Inexpensive Kitchen Gadgets
- Making 50 Freezer Meals in one Day
- Freezer Meal Tips for Beginners
- 10 Easy and Cheap Camping Meals
- Unique and Cool Camping Equipment For the Whole Family