Here is one of my family’s favorite dinners. For those of you who haven’t tried this meal, it might look a little strange, but it is delicious! Its quick, yummy and even my picky kids will eat it.
- 1-2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded or chopped
- 2-3 small cans or 1 Large Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- chicken broth or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 Cups Cooked Rice
- Chow Mien Noodles
- 1 Can Pineapple tidbits
- optional: peas celery, olives, roasted slivered almonds, and any other favorite veggies
- Cook your rice and chicken and cube/chop chicken (if I have time I just place my chicken in a 9x13 pan with a couple of Tbsp of water, cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.)
- Then in a medium saucepan, add your cream of chicken soup and 1/2 of the canned amount of either milk or chicken broth.
- Heat that until hot (almost boiling) and add shredded or chopped cooked chicken.
- Then just layer your plates:
- st add your rice to the plate
- Pour on the gravy
- Add the cheese, and chow mein noodles
- Add the pineapple and any other optional ingredients
Food is my love language. But so is saving money. So I like to combine the two a lot and make thrifty make ahead and freeze meals to save time. Because life is busy, and freezer meals can come to the rescue for all of us. And yes, they actually CAN taste good. Read more...