Here is one of my family’s favorite dinners. For those of you who haven’t tried this meal, it might look a little strange, but it is delicious! Its quick, yummy and even my picky kids will eat it.
Hawaiian Haystacks is delicious and quick!
- 1-2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded or chopped
- 2-3 small cans or 1 Large Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- chicken broth or milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 Cups Cooked Rice
- Chow Mien Noodles
- 1 Can Pineapple tidbits
- optional: peas celery, olives, roasted slivered almonds, and any other favorite veggies
- Cook your rice and chicken and cube/chop chicken (if I have time I just place my chicken in a 9x13 pan with a couple of Tbsp of water, cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.)
- Then in a medium saucepan, add your cream of chicken soup and 1/2 of the canned amount of either milk or chicken broth.
- Heat that until hot (almost boiling) and add shredded or chopped cooked chicken.
- Then just layer your plates:
- st add your rice to the plate
- Pour on the gravy
- Add the cheese, and chow mein noodles
- Add the pineapple and any other optional ingredients