Another fun family favorite recipe!
Recipe: Sweet & Sour Chicken
Sweet & Sour Chicken are perfect family favourite meals!Print Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cups Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked + cut into bite sized pieces
- 20 oz can Pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Green Peppers Diced (can also use red & yellow for color)
- 1 cup Chopped celery
- 1 8 oz can Water chestnuts
- 3-4 Cups Cooked Rice
- Chow Mien Noodles optional
- Cook your rice and chicken and chop chicken.
- To make the sauce, blend juice from pineapple, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook over medium to low heat till heated through.
- Then add flour and cook until thickened.
- Add green peppers, celery and water chestnuts, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and pineapple last, stir till combined and heated through.
- Pour over white rice. Sprinkle chow mein noodles on top if desired.
Serving: 362g | Calories: 714kcal | Carbohydrates: 128.63g | Protein: 28.3g | Fat: 19.11g | Saturated Fat: 3.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.82g | Trans Fat: 0.009g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 71.44g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 92.4mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 14.9mg