Another fun family favorite recipe!
Sweet & Sour Chicken are perfect family favourite meals!
- 1 1/2 cups Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked + cut into bite sized pieces
- 20 oz can Pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Green Peppers Diced (can also use red & yellow for color)
- 1 cup Chopped celery
- 1 8 oz can Water chestnuts
- 3-4 Cups Cooked Rice
- Chow Mien Noodles optional
Cook your rice and chicken and chop chicken.
To make the sauce, blend juice from pineapple, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook over medium to low heat till heated through.
Then add flour and cook until thickened.
Add green peppers, celery and water chestnuts, cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken and pineapple last, stir till combined and heated through.
Pour over white rice. Sprinkle chow mein noodles on top if desired.