Stromboli is quickly becoming my number one go to meal! Let me be more specific, this ham and cheese stromboli recipe has my heart, along with Mariah Carey and my Swiffer Wet Jet. It is quick, simple and I usually have most ingredients laying around to throw together for a last minute meal.
Ham and Cheese Stromboli Recipe
You know how store bought dough is about 27 ingredients in it?Well, this dough only has six, and that is why I love it. Plus, it tastes soooo much better! And did I mention how easy it is?? You just combine the ingredients in the kitchen aid, knead it while you jam to a few of your favorite 80’s hits, and let it rise for 15 minutes. Thats it!Roll into a rectangle. This dough rolls out like a dream! Make sure you knead it the full five minutes, that will help it keep its form and not shrink back after you roll it. Brush on some melted butter (I love this silicone pastry brush) and sprinkle with garlic bread seasoning.Sprinkle the cheese in an even layer, and then add more. You can never have enough cheese!Layer your meats. My kids love Salami, ham and pepperoni.Roll it up and pinch the ends together, laying it on its seam.Brush with more butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and dried parsley. Make small slices through the top layer to let steam escape, and to make for easier cutting when it’s ready to be served. At this point you can wrap in parchment paper or saran wrap and then double wrap in foil to freeze it.Place on parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until you see the cheese start to bubble out. Oh yeah baby.I love serving this with my homemade pizza sauce!I don’t think these slices even made it to my kids plate…they inhaled them so fast!We had the leftovers for lunch the next day, and they tasted even better! I love when I can make dinner stretch into the next day, it’s definitely the Happy Money Saver way!
Check out all my other Freezer Meals here too!
Print out this easy to follow ham and cheese stromboli recipe, and show your family some love tonight! And let me know your favorite ingredients to stuff in your stromboli!
Easy Stromboli Recipe
- 2 1/2 C All purpose flour
- 1/2 C Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Iodized salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 C Warm water 120-130 degrees
- 3 C Mozzarella
- 1 C Cheddar
- 1/2 lb Thinly sliced ham or your favorite deli style meat. (my kids love pepperoni and salami)
- 4-8 Tbsp Pizza sauce or 4 Tbsp. Butter melted and blended with 1 tblsp. garlic bread seasoning
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Grated
- 1 Tbsp Parsely Flakes
- In your standing mixer, blend 1 ½ C. All Purpose Flour, ½ C. Whole Wheat Flour, Sugar, Yeast, and Salt.
- In a seperate bowl, or Pyrex measuring cup, mix Olive oil and Water.
- With mixer on low slowly add oil and water mixture. turn mixer up to medium speed and mix until dough is well combined.
- Begin adding remaining flour, ½ C. at a time. Once combined, change to the dough hook.
- Knead with dough hook for 3-6 minutes, or until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and continue to knead for 5 more minutes by hand.
- Spray a large glass bowl with non stick spray, add dough to bowl, flipping over once in bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest 15 minutes.
- Punch down your dough and divide it into two equal pieces. Roll Each Piece out to a 13”x10” rectangle.
- Spread Pizza Sauce or Butter Garlic Sauce evenly over both rectangles of dough, leaving a ½” of dough un-sauced length wise at one end. Sprinkle the Cheese evenly, and then layer the meat evenly.
- Begin Rolling each rectangle, rolling length wise toward the un- sauced edge. Once rolled. Pinch the edge into the dough to seal. Stretch, fold, and pinch the ends to seal also.
- Place on parchment covered cookie sheet. Spray the tops of your stromboli with oil and then sprinkle the tops with Parmesan and parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 Minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!