Having lasagna for dinner just got a whole lot easier! This make ahead ravioli lasagna with spinach uses a simple hack that will make all of your dreams come true. The secret? Use frozen ravioli! Mind BLOWN!
Lasagna is usually a super time-consuming meal to make and involves lots of steps, dirty bowls, and fancy layers. It can be worth it, but when I’m super tired…I’d rather make something quick and easy.
So, I’m introducing you to one of my easiest recipes of all time… make ahead ravioli lasagna with spinach and ricotta!
You guys, this is soooooo delicious. For reals. Even my picky kids loved it.
It has all the same flavors and textures as regular lasagna, just way easier to prepare. And by using frozen ravioli and just layering that with cheese, sauce and spinach, it easily cuts my dinner prep time in half.
Plus the addition of the spinach adds a delicious earthy flavor and makes you not feel quite so guilty when you have your second, or third (who am I to judge), helping. ahem.
Like traditional lasagna, this version freezes and reheats beautifully. I highly recommend making a few of these ravioli lasagnas and stocking up for the future when the craving hits.
I just know your family will LOVE this make ahead ravioli lasagna with spinach recipe as much as mine does!
Make Ahead Ravioli Lasagna with Spinach
- 1 pound Frozen Ravioli
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 8 ounce package of frozen chopped spinach
- 15 ounces Fat Free Ricotta
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- Break up frozen spinach into a small bowl, mix in ricotta and garlic.
- Put a thin layer of red sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Lay down your first layer of raviolis. top with half the spinach mixture, then 1/3 of the red sauce, then 1/2 a cup of mozzarella. Repeat this layer again.
- Top with remaining ravioli, then red sauce, then mozzarella.
MAKE IT NOW
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes until all the pasta is cooked through.
MAKE IT A FREEZER MEAL
- Wrap it in plastic wrap, pressing down to remove air. Then cover with aluminum foil, label, and freeze.
- To bake from frozen, preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes until hot, bubbly and all the pasta is cooked through.