I love this homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe. It’s frugal, its delicious, and it is packed full of veggies for my kids. I have been doing my 50 Freezer Meals in a day cooking and this is one of the recipes I use in my menu.
When I am making this for freezer cooking I will make 3-4 of these at a time, and wrap them in foil. They cook up beautifully! If you want to make this a larger meal make your own pie crust, add it to a 9×13 and double the recipe.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I use boneless skinless chicken breasts roasted for one hour @350 in oven covered)
- in Homemade Gravy made from homemade chicken stock preferred or use Campbells chicken/turkey gravy jar 2
- piece Top & Bottom Pie Crust (I purchased pre-made ones in the tins for my freezer cooking but you can make this homemade too), 2
- oz Frozen Hashbrowns 16 . bag diced
- oz Frozen Peas & Carrots combination 12 . bag
- cup Onion 1/4 diced small (optional )
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take pie crusts out of package. If you have purchased the ones in the tins take one tin out and thaw on counter. Turn the second tin upside down as it thaws.
While that it thawing mix together in a large bowl the shredded chicken, hashbrowns, peas & carrots, onion (opt) and gravy.
Add salt & pepper to taste.
When pie crust has thawed (15 minutes usually) add pot pie ingredients into pie tin with crust.
Then take the upside down crust and gently place it on top of the pie carefully. Spread it out and pinch the two pie crusts together on the seams.
Poke a few holes with a knife or fork on top of pie.
Cover and FREEZE if you want this as a freezer meal, or place in oven at 350 degrees and cook for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown and you can hear the inside is bubbling.
Oh and make sure and subscribe to my email e-newsletter so you can read when I post new freezer meals along with all kinds of great money saving deals each day.