I love this Homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe. It’s frugal, delicious, and it’s full of veggies for my kids. I have been doing my 50 Freezer Meals in a day cooking and this is one of the freezer meal recipes I use in my menu.
When I am making this for freezer cooking I will make 3-4 of these at a time and wrap them in foil. They cook up beautifully! If you want to make this a larger meal make your own pie crust, add it to a 9×13 and double the recipe.
Start by gathering all your ingredients you’ll need for your Chicken Pot Pie
Add chicken and hashbrowns together in a large bowl
Add the rest of your ingredients into your bowl (peas, carrots, onion)
Stir in gravy…
Pour into your ready-made pie crust…
Place top pie crust and cut breathing holes and bake!
To Freeze: Cover tightly with foil before baking and freeze.
To Cook from Frozen:
This Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is an easy make-ahead meal that can be easily made in bulk and frozen for later! Always a crowd pleaser!
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I use boneless skinless chicken breasts roasted for one hour @350 in oven covered)
- 2 1/2 cups Homemade Gravy made from homemade chicken stock preferred or use 2 Campbells chicken/turkey gravy jar
- 4 Ready Made Pie Crust (I purchased pre-made ones in the tins for my freezer cooking but you can make this homemade too) Top and Bottom for 2 Pies
- 16 oz Bag Frozen Hashbrowns
- 12 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots combination
- 1/4 cup Onion diced small (optional )
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take pie crusts out of package. If you have purchased the ones in the tins take one tin out and thaw on counter. Turn the second tin upside down as it thaws.
While that it thawing mix together in a large bowl the shredded chicken, hashbrowns, peas & carrots, onion (opt) and gravy.
Add salt & pepper to taste.
When pie crust has thawed (15 minutes usually) add pot pie ingredients into pie tin with crust.
Then take the upside down crust and gently place it on top of the pie carefully. Spread it out and pinch the two pie crusts together on the seams.
Poke a few holes with a knife or fork on top of pie.
Cover and FREEZE if you want this as a freezer meal, or place in oven at 350 degrees and cook for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown and you can hear the inside is bubbling.
To Cook from Frozen: