Who’s ready for a make ahead and freeze Spicy Honey Chicken Drumsticks recipe???
Yep! Spicy. Honey. Chicken. Drumsticks.
These delicious Spicy Honey Chicken Drumsticks are the bomb.com. Do people still say that phrase? Or is it just me. Ha ha. Well, they are! These drumsticks are soo good they will melt in your mouth and satisfy every craving you have ever had.
Not only sweet and savory, these Spicy Honey Chicken Drumsticks also have just a touch of heat. Better yet, you can freeze these ahead of time so you can always have them on hand. Freezer meals are the best!
My advice: Triple this recipe and pop them in the freezer. Trust me, these drumsticks are so addictive and crave-worthy that you will want them a few times every month for sure.
See? Don’t they look so yummy?
It’s because they ARE!
Here is the recipe, please make these up and let me know what you think!
Spicy Honey Chicken Drumsticks
- 18 drumsticks
Dry Rub Seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
Honey Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp tabasco sauce
- parchment lined cookie sheet for flash freezing
- 1 gallon freezer bag
- 1 quart freezer bag
- In a small saucepan combine water, cornstarch, butter, honey, brown sugar, and Tabasco sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cool completely. Transfer to a quart freezer bag.
- In a large bowl combine onion powder, 2 tbsp brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne powder, black pepper, garlic powder, ground cumin, and celery salt. Toss chicken drumsticks into dry rub, tossing, and rubbing the spices into the drumsticks. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and flash freeze. Transfer to a gallon freezer bag. Place 1 quart freezer bag filled with honey hot sauce inside the bag with the drumsticks. Freeze.
To Bake From Frozen:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove sauce bag and allow to thaw on counter top or in a cool water bath while cooking the drumsticks.
- Place frozen drumsticks in a lightly greased 13x9 pan, bake 20 minutes.
- Flip drums over, then pour sauce over the top and bake an additional 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
If you liked this recipe make sure and check out more of my freezer meal recipes here. I hope you are able to save some time, eat great food and enjoy a happier life through freezer meal cooking too!