This recipe says Summer & BBQ! It is to die for and leaves your mouth wondering why you hadn’t ever made this before. Try it out. Hope you like it as much as I did.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
2 Tbl. minced fresh cilantro
2 1/2 Tbl. fresh lime juice
1 1/2 Tbl. olive oil
4 skinless boneless chicken breast
STEP 1-MARINADE. ADD cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil to your chicken. The lime juice and olive oil will absorb right into the meat. Most marinades leave some juice behind, but this one doesn’t. Marinade for 30 min. There is no need to marinade it any longer .
STEP 2- GRILL IT. Set your grill to medium-high temperature and when it is preheated, place your chicken breasts on the grill. Grill your chicken until the top side of the chicken begins to turn an opaque color (as opposed to pink). Once the TOP of the chicken begins to change color, flip the meat. Once both sides of the chicken are nicely browned, press down on the chicken with your fingers, the meat should be firm but not hard, if it is hard you probably over cooked it and may have risked drying it out. If you have a meat thermometer handy, use it to see if the center of the chicken is done cooking. Chicken should be 165 degrees and should be cooked all the way through.
1 C. chopped tomato
2 Tbl. finely chopped onion
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
GARNISH your chicken with this salsa. MMMM….. ENJOY.
This was a thrifty meal for my family! Here is the breakdown for cost:
1.5 lb Chicken Breasts (.99lb on clearance) $1.49
5 Limes (.05 each Fiesta foods) .25
2 roma tomatoes .70
1 avocado .25
Olive oil .25
We made 2 boxes of Kraft pasta salad that I got for FREE.
One pineapple 2.50
Total Cost $5.64! (like $.94 per person)
Below is a printable recipe card for your convenience.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa are perfect for Summer meals!
- 2 Tbl. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 Tbl. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbl. olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast
- pinch salt
- 1 C chopped tomato
- 2 Tbl. finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado peeled and finely chopped
- Add cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil to your chicken.
- Marinade for 30 min.
- Set your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill your chicken until the top side of the chicken begins to turn an opaque color. Once the TOP of the chicken begins to change color, flip the meat. Cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees and is cooked all the way through.
- Combined all salsa ingredients in med. sized bowl.
- Once chicken is cooked, garnish chicken with salsa.
If you love to cook, try these out!