This easy DIY ring and homemade jewelry cleaner will have your rings, earrings and more super shiny in less than 15 minutes. Plus, it is all natural, gentle, cheap, and made using inexpensive, common household ingredients.
Also, if you’re a fan of homemade & DIY recipes that save you money you’ll love this recipe to make Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution for Machines!
Cleaning your jewelry can be so frustrating at times. There are so many products out there that claim they remove tarnish and bring life back into your jewelry with no prevail. I have even seen people rubbing toothpaste on their earrings trying to scrub away tarnish, because we do what we need to do to be pretty. Am I right?
That is why I am excited to introduce you to the one and only jewelry cleaner you will ever need for the rest of your life. Even better, it is all natural, gentle, cheap, and can be made using inexpensive, common household ingredients.
Ingredients to Make Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
All you need to get your rings, earrings, necklaces or other jewelry shiny as new is salt, baking soda, dish detergent, water, and some aluminum foil. Most people have these items already in their homes!
So, How Does This Process Actually Work?
Forgive my Mr. Wizard moment here but, through the power of science; the salt, baking soda, and aluminum foil create a chemical exchange called an “ion transfer”, which naturally cleans metals. How spectacular is that! You will never need harsh chemicals to clean your jewelry again!
Is this Homemade Jewelry Cleaner Safe for Gold, Silver, and Jewels?
Yes! This recipe is safe to use with gold, silver, sterling silver, diamonds, and other gems. It’s gentle and safe for all kinds of metals and jewels.
How to Make Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
To make homemade ring & jewelry cleaner all you need to do is first wrap up a bowl in aluminum foil. Then add some salt, baking soda, dish detergent and your jewelry into the bowl. Add water, then let it do it’s magic for 10 minutes. You’ll have like new jewelry to enjoy!
Below are the printable instructions. Have fun!
Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
- small bowl
- aluminum foil
- paper towel or soft wash cloth
- old toothbrush
- jewelry such as gold, silver, sterling silver, diamonds, and other gems.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dish detergent any kind will do
- 1 cup hot water
- Line your bowl with aluminum foil.
- Add salt, baking soda, and dish detergent into bowl and drop your jewelry into the bowl.
- Add warm water and watch it fizz.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove your jewelry from the bowl and, taking an old toothbrush, scrub your jewelry making sure to get into every nook and cranny.
- Rinse your jewelry with clean warm water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Enjoy your like-new sparkling jewelry!