This is a recipe that my family will eat a couple times per month. We had it last night for dinner in fact. 🙂
Total Cost for this Meal:
At Save-A-Lot I bought some bags of brown rice for .79 per bag. I used half a bag for my family = .40
The Chicken was bought at Albertsons for $1.88 lb -I used 1.5 lbs = $2.82
The Can of Pineapple was .79 at Winco — all other ingredients I just always have on hand.
Total cost= $4.01 for my family of 6 for dinner!
Honey Lime Chicken Recipe
One of my family's favorite dinners, honey lime chicken is simple to make and delicious!
- 4 Chicken Breasts cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits keep the juice!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- Cut the chicken into strips or bite sized pieces and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Heat oil in a skillet over med-high and add chicken.
- Cook chicken until golden brown.
- Drain the pineapple, keeping the juices.
- Add 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and remainder of pineapple juice to the pan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until thick and clear, about one minute.
- Add chicken and pineapple tidbits last and heat through.
- Serve over hot rice and it's cool to garnish with lime wedges or Chow Mein noodles.
- To freeze this recipe, cook it all up as directed above. Then let it cool, and add it to a gallon size freezer bag. Label and freeze. Then warm it up and serve with fresh hot rice.
Oh and make sure and subscribe to my email e-newsletter so you can read when I post new freezer meals along with all kinds of great money saving deals each day.