This Instant Pot Peanut chicken satay is the BEST weeknight meal option. Chicken smothered in a tangy Thai peanut sauce. Plus
Let’s play a word game.
When I say peanut … your next word is what? If you said butter then you’re not alone, but it’s going to be my personal mission to change that. When people say peanut I want them to be thinking… SATAY.
That’s right. Since I’ve discovered the greatness of peanut satay I just can’t get enough of this recipe. It used to be that peanut and jelly were the hot
When this cooked juicy chicken is joined together with my infused peanut satay sauce, the results are usually unstoppable cravings.
In my cookbook Seriously Good Freezer Meals I have a traditional Peanut chicken satay with the chicken marinated, then grilled on skewers and dipped in a peanutty sauce. It’s heavenly.
But that can take a little more work than I sometimes want to handle. It is worth the work, but sometimes this mama just wants to make something quick and effortless. But
So I thought one day, hey, why not try to create an Instant P
So I got to work testing and found out how easy and tasty it was. And I’m sharing it with you here.
This food tastes so good, my guests will wipe out my entire dinner faster than I make it.
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS RECIPE?
Yes, this Peanut Chicken Satay recipe can be prepped ahead and frozen either in a gallon sized freezer safe bag or in these adorable little 64 oz containers with lids on
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH PEANUT CHICKEN SATAY?
My favorite way to serve this is in lettuce cups with chopped fresh cilantro and peanuts on top, but this is also great served over rice, in burritos, or on a salad.
Easy Peanut Chicken Satay
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder yellow
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl combine coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, tamari, honey, sesame oil, garlic, curry powder, cumin, garam masala and red pepper flakes. Whisk all together until smooth. Add chicken.
MAKE IT NOW
- Add chicken and sauce to either the instant pot or crockpot and cook as directed below.
MAKE IT A FREEZER MEAL
- Transfer chicken and sauce to a labeled container or freezer bag and freeze.
COOK IN INSTANT POT
- From frozen, transfer chicken and sauce into an instant pot. Add in 1/4 cup water or chicken broth. Cook for 15 minutes at high pressure then allow 10 minutes for natural release.
- From thawed or freshly made, transfer chicken and sauce into an instant pot. Cook for 12 minutes at high pressure, then allow 10 minutes for natural release.
COOK IN CROCK POT
- From thawed or freshly made, transfer chicken and sauce into slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6 hours.
- My favorite way to serve this is in lettuce cups with chopped fresh cilantro and peanuts on top, but this is also great served over rice, in burritos, or on a salad.
MORE WEEKNIGHT FREEZER MEALS
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Thai Yam Soup
- Instant Pot Shredded Beef Fajitas Freezer Meal
- Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro & Pepper-Jack Cheese
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
I can’t wait for you to make this Peanut Chicken Satay! How will you serve it – over rice or in a lettuce cups or some other way?