Sometimes winter can seem really long when the skies are gray and its really cold. I know I can’t wait to enjoy some of that summer warmth again…I miss it! To show someone you are thinking of them or to brighten up their day consider giving them a Box of Sunshine! Basically you can take anything in the color yellow and add it to this box. Cut out a few paper sunbeams, print out a little note and you have a Box of Sunshine!
The above picture is a box that my sister sent to me using items that she found at a specialty candy store, but I was thinking that it would be great to use items that I coupon shop for to make these boxes a little more thrifty priced! I am the Happy Money Saver you know… So each week when I am out couponing and saving money at the stores I remember to get items in yellow whenever possible. Here is a picture of a few thrifty priced items I have been collecting that would work well for a box of sunshine:
- Carmex – got for free coupon shopping
- Zone Bar – got for free coupon shopping
- Lemon Drops and Yellow Gummy Bears– inexpensive at Winco in the bulk section
- Crunch n Munch Free coupon shopping
- Bath & Body Works Kitchen Lemon hand soap, got on sale for $2.50
- Yellow package seeds for the gardener
- Cascade Ice drink – $1.00
- Betty Crocker Lemon Cake mix or lemon frosting
- Melt Em’s- got for free at Real Deals (local freebie)
- you could also go to the dollar store and find some great fun yellow things!
- Got any other ideas? Feel free to leave a comment below
A Box of Sunshine would make a great neighbor gift, a birthday gift, or a gift for someone feeling a little blue. Want to thank a special cashier who patiently takes your coupons? This would be an excellent way. I mean really, who wouldn’t love to get a box of sunshine??
I have created a few FREE printables for you my dear readers. Just save them to your computer and print them out! Enjoy!
If you are new to Happy Money Saver, come join the fun by following me on Facebook. Plus here are a few of my most popular articles and series:
- So I Married A Couponer – a fun story series about an average man trying to deal with being married to an extreme coupon shopper. His story must be told.
- How to Find the Best Deals on Toilet Paper – I worked my tail off to research that question…what is the BEST VALUE on toilet paper? I think you will like this!
- The Coupon Box Method – How I Organize my Coupons – Yep, I am a coupon shopper and this is how I organize!.
- Cold Lunches in a Day – I created a simple way for me to make sure my kids get a healthy cold lunch everyday – check it out.
- How to Make Brown Sugar from Scratch – yep, I do it and you can too! Plus I also have quite a few other frugal recipes you might like to see..
- Fashion Boards on a Budget – I refuse to pay $90 for a pair of shoes – so I am putting together complete cute, trendy outfits that won’t break the budget!
Hope you enjoy!