Crockpot Lasagna Soup has all the delicious flavors of homemade lasagna without all the work! The perfect weeknight dinner. It’s packed with the familiar flavors you love with an ooey-gooey cheese concoction that gets stirred in right before eating. Are you drooling yet?
There’s a chill in the air today and soup is definitely on the menu. This lasagna soup recipe is one of my all time favorites! You get all the yummy flavors of a delicious, hearty lasagna in comforting soup form! This crockpot lasagna soup has layers of noodles covered in rich marinara sauce infused with garlic, onion and Italian spices all smothered with mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta – drool!
What’s great is you can make it in the crock pot OR in the Instant Pot, too! Don’t you love recipes that give you options? Me too.
My favorite way to serve it is with a yummy, crusty homemade bread – if I have time! Oh! And a leafy green salad packed topped with my homemade ranch dressing. Mmmm mmm good.
And for those busy nights, double your lasagna soup recipe, and package up half to freeze for dinner for another night.
To freeze, brown your ground beef and let it cool. Then place cooked ground beef and all of the other ingredients (except for the noodles and cheese) into a gallon freezer bag. When you are ready to eat, just thaw out the bag of lasagna soup and add it in a crock pot and cook away. This Crockpot Lasagna Soup can’t get any easier or more delicious!
See more of my delicious freezer meals here!
SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE SOUPS
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- Instant Pot Winter Warmth Soup
- Sausage and Spinach Soup
- Instant Pot Thai Yam Soup
- Pressure Cooker Cashew Butternut Squash Soup
- Garden Fresh Tomato Soup
Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1 large onion pureed or diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 8 pieces lasagna noodles, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shreds
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, basil, fennel seed, nutmeg and black pepper, stirring and breaking up the beef with a spoon for 4-5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, and cook until onion is translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
MAKE IT NOW
- Place cooked beef mixture into a large crockpot. Add in beef broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar into a large slow cooker. Cover and cook LOW 6-8 hours/HIGH 3-4 hours. 20 minutes before serving, add in broken up lasagna noodles. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Serve in bowls topped with a sprinkling of mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and a dollop of ricotta cheese.
- Place cooked and completely cooled beef mixture, broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and balsamic vinegar into a gallon-sized freezer bag. DO NOT ADD PASTA UNTIL COOKING Day. Seal, removing as much air as possible. Freeze.
THAW AND COOK
- Place bag in a large bowl in the fridge and allow to thaw 24 hours before cooking. Place contents of bag into a large slow cooker. Cover and cook LOW 6-8 hours/HIGH 3-4 hours. 20 minutes before serving, add in broken up lasagna noodles. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Serve in bowls topped with a sprinkling of mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and a dollop of ricotta cheese.
INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP DIRECTIONS:
Turn Instant Pot to Saute function. Saute your ground beef, basil, fennel seed, nutmeg and black pepper until browned.
Add pureed onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is cooked and a little translucent.
Add beef broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar. Stir gently to combine. Break noodles into pieces, add and stir gently submerge in sauce.
Cook for 4 minutes at high pressure then allow 5 minutes for natural release.
Serve topped with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and a dollop of ricotta.