Hello zucchini season! Is your garden exploding right now? Mine sure is. I left town for a week and came back with about 12 zucchinis the size of small children filling up my garden bed. What am I going to do with all this zucchini that only my husband and I will actually eat?
You know what I did….you know my nature. I hid that zucchini in a loaf of chocolate bread and no one had a clue! Haha suckers. If only they knew. The best thing about this devilishly good Chocolate chocolate chip zucchini bread besides the that I added chocolate chips to give it the double chocolate factor is that I use as many real ingredients as I can. Instead of using lots of sugar and vegetable oil like most other zucchini bread recipes, my bread has honey and coconut oil in it. And I gotta say, the coconut oil compliments the chocolate flavor very well. It might be my favorite part about this bread. This bread is moist, dense and honestly you would have no reason to even think it has zucchini in it.
When I create a recipe from scratch, I make several friends taste test it before I share it with all of you. One said “This reminds me of those yummy Costco chocolate muffins!”She is not a lover of zucchini and was very skeptical but loved it. Another friend had about 5 slices before she could give me her review. She had to have one slice cold, one heated, one for breakfast, ect. She just texted me today and said she ran out of the bread and asked if I had any more because she ran out. She then said “I feel like it should be a staple now.” She is a big time chocolate lover and gave this recipe 2 big thumbs up. Everyone who has had a slice said it was amazing but I will let you be the judge of that! Let me know what you think.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Grate up enough zucchini to make 3 cups.
Preheat oven and prepapre pans.
Next beat eggs, honey, melted coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Add in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and flour. Mix well.
Stir in zucchini. This bread would be boring if it were just chocolate zucchini bread, so lets make it chocolate chocolate chip zucchini bread, (doesn’t that seem so much better?)by adding in some chocolate chips. I like to use a mixture of milk chocolate and semi-sweet.
Pour batter into prepared pans and scatter the remaining chocolate chips on the tops of each loaf.
Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove bread and let rest for 15 minutes.
Run knife around edge of bread pans to help remove if needed.
My favorite is to eat this bread while still warm. Mmmmm…..
Quit drooling and go make some for yourself. Sorry about that, I really need to stop talking to myself.
Printable recipe below:
Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pans. Set aside.
- Grate or shred up enough zucchini to make 3 cups. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, honey, melted coconut oil, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in salt, baking powder, baking soda,cinnamon, cocoa and flour. mix well.
- Stir in zucchini and 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove bread. Let bread rest in pan for 15 minutes. Run knife around the edge of pans to help loosen it. Remove from pans and let cool completely.