Fill your home with the fresh aroma of fall with this homemade Pumpkin Spice Room Spray made with essential oils and water.
Is there anything better than the Fall season? I love the beautiful colors, fresh cool air, and yes, pumpkin spice everything! But my favorite… the fall smells.
For years I used to buy the pumpkin spice air wick air fresheners to get that amazing scent for my house but after learning about different chemicals that were added in, I started looking for a more natural way to create that smell using pure essential oils.
Sad news. Pure pumpkin spice essential oils don’t exist. Believe me, I looked. haha. So instead I tried to make up my own flavor to get as close as possible to the pumpkin spice smell.
And I did it! I created the perfect combination of essential oils that together make a pumpkin spice scent that is spicy, sweet, and everything the perfect fall pumpkin room spray should be.
Ingredients + Price Breakdown
What’s great about this pumpkin air freshener recipe is that you only need distilled water, a few different essential oils and a spray bottle – and that’s it! Plus since you only use a small amount of essential oils it only costs around $2.73 to make a full 4 oz bottle of it.
I prefer to use doTerra essential oils as that is what I’m used to. The cheaper knock-off essential oils you’d find at craft stores aren’t quite as nice or strongly scented. So here are the oils I’m using in this pumpkin spice essential oil blend spray and how much the price will be with how much you actually use from the bottles.
- Cinnamon Bark ($.75) – a warm and spicy scent while supporting healthy metabolic functions
- Ginger ($.56) – a hot, earthy scent that supports healthy digestion and nausea
- Cardamom ($.93) – the “queen of all spices” adds calming and soothing properties
- Wild Orange ($.21) – the strong citrus aroma adds an energizing aroma
- Clove – ($.28) – this rich and powerful spice is a warm and stimulating scent with antibacterial properties in it
How To Make This Pumpkin Spice Room Spray
It couldn’t be easier. Truly!!! In a 4-ounce glass spray bottle, add water and all your essential oils. Shake well before each use and you’re ready to start spritzing your house!
Do You Need A Special Spray Bottle?
I like to use a glass spray bottle for this recipe because glass is impervious to essential oils. It is also really easy to clean and to reuse to make new combination of room sprays.
Where Do You Use This Pumpkin Spice Room Spray?
I love spraying it on my fall decor pillows, chairs, diffusing it in my kitchen, bathroom, office, and bedrooms. I also spray liberally in the air and enjoy the beautifully fresh fall aroma. Plus, the natural antibacterial properties in essential oils help to cleanse the air and rid our home of germs.
Looking for a Fun Gift Idea?
I also love giving these pumpkin spice essential oil sprays as a gift around the holidays. I make a big batch of it, print off some cute labels and package them up for a great inexpensive birthday or neighborhood gift. Everyone loves it!
Want More DIY Essential Oil Recipes?
- DIY Poo-Purri Spray for the Bathroom
- Joy to the World Christmas Room Spray
- Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- Aromatherapy Christmas Ornaments
- Natural Crayon Remover For Walls
- DIY Dryer Balls
I would love to see your DIY room sprays and hear about any other great combinations of essential oils that you used! Snap a picture of it and share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #happymoneysaver and and tagging me @happymoneysaver!
DIY Pumpkin Spice Room Spray
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 3 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 3 drops ginger essential oil
- 3 drops cardamom essential oil
- 5 drops wild orange essential oil
- 5 drops clove essential oil
- In a 4-ounce glass spray bottle, add water and essential oils.
- Shake well before each use and you’re ready to start spritzing your house!
This recipe was first posted in November 2017 but has been updated with detailed instructions and tips in October 2020.