The enticing scent of fresh ginger is the perfect warming spice to go with delicate fall peaches, and this Peachy Keen Ginger Thigh recipe proves it! The aroma will fill your house and make your tummy grumble, and the flavor will knock your socks off and have you fighting over seconds with your teenager…not that I speak from personal experience or anything. *clears throat and walks away
Peach, Ginger, and Chicken? This Peachy Keen Ginger Thigh combo may sound a little odd at first until you take your first bite. The sweetness from the peaches, heat from the ginger, and savoriness from the chicken, onion, soy sauce, and sesame oil ignite your tastebuds with every bite.
These Peachy Keen Ginger Thighs are great to make ahead and freeze. Just place all of the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds, into a freezer bag. When you are ready to eat, just thaw and place in a crock pot. Easiest meal ever!
Peachy Keen Ginger Thighs
- 2 pounds about 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1-29 ounce can of peach slices drained
- 1/2 cup peach jam
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillion
- 1/4 cup onion pureed
- 2 teaspoons garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper- black is fine
- 2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds optional for garnish
- Mix all ingredients except the sesame seeds together and pour into a 1 gallon freezer bag. Freeze.
- To cook, dump all ingredients, except garnish, in a crock pot and cook 6 hours on high. Serve over rice.
- Make your thighs look extra pretty by broiling them for a couple minutes right before serving and topping with garnish.