Going to a big gathering soon? These make ahead appetizers are definitely all the best ones you’ll find. Not only are they delicious but they can all be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer to take out and cook when you need. Come take a look!
1.Twice Baked Potatoes. Not only a beautiful appetizer to show up with, but this is one you can make months in advance, freeze then bake right before your party. All that bacon-cheesy goodness! Mmmm! (via Happy Money Saver)
2. Butternut Potato Puffs. How cute and creative are these guys? Simply add your seasoned and pureed butternut-potato mixture into a piping bag then squeeze them onto a pan & freeze! Then bake until golden. (via Bitter Sweet)
3. Sriracha Glazed Chicken. Martha knows what she’s talking about with these little drumstick appetizers. Tangy, sweet spicy goodness. (via Martha Stewart)
4. Ham & Cheese Stromboli. Filled with savory salami, ham and pepperoni, this cheesy baked loaf is the perfect appetizer to travel with. Wrap it in aluminum foil to keep it warm and then slice it up when it’s time to serve. (via Happy Money Saver)
5. Spicy Buffalo Chicken Hot Dip. One of my favorite appetizers to bring to a party and it’s so easy to make. Honesty, I think people only invite me for this dip. This one goes from freezer to oven and is enjoyed by everyone. Creamy, cheesy and oh- so-spicy (via Cookbook: Seriously Good Freezer Meals)
6. Fried Brie Bites. You love cheese like me? Then you are going to definitely love this appetizer. Creamy and packed full of deliciousness that will have you wanting more. (via Happy Money Saver)
7. 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Bean Dip. We love how simple, easy and fast this bean dip is to make. I always have all the ingredients for this on hand to make a great last minute appetizer. (via Real House Moms)
8. Sweet Potato Tator Tots. These tots are the cutest and we just had to include them as they actually taste amazing! Plus they are a creative spin on regular tator-tots so they make for a fun appetizer. (via Your Vegan Mom)
9. Stuffed Jalapenos. These stuffed jalapenos are sure to be a hit. Everyone will be thanking you when you pull these babies out of the oven with its crispy bacon and melted cheese. Yum! (via Happy Money Saver)
10. Soft Pretzel Bites. My favorite make ahead finger food of all time. If someone brought these to a party I seriously just pile them on a plate, grab and scoop of the cheese sauce and dig in. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
11. Best Chicken Wings. These chicken wings are so versatile. You can try one sauce then have fun trying the other sauces. Each one is a winner and whatever sauce you choose they will be melt in your mouth delicious. (via Happy Money Saver)
12. Glazed Kielbasa Bites. One of the most easy and simple make ahead appetizers ever. Drizzle the marinade over the sausage and pineapple, then bake until golden and wonderful. (via Real House Moms)
13. Herby Parmesan Smashed Potatoes. These are potatoes done right. With unique flavors these are definitely a conversation starter. (via Domestic Gothess)
14. Spinach Artichoke Dip. This easy-to-throw together appetizer is great for big gatherings or just for your immediate family. It’s easy to freeze so whatever you don’t use, it can easily be put away for next great time. (via Happy Money Saver)
15. Homemade Flavored Butters. This is a unique and different type of appetizer idea that everyone is sure to swoon over. All you do is whip up these 5 flavored butters and serve with slices of fresh bread. (via Happy Money Saver)
16. Brown Sugar Sriracha Bacon Bites. Spice up your bacon with these fun bacon bites. A little sugar and a little spice. (via Food Network)
17. Freezer Meatballs. This appetizer is so great because there are different ways to eat them. You can serve them plain, in a sandwich or with pasta. (via Happy Money Saver)
18. Mozzarella Sticks. I absolutely love mozzarella sticks. This is a make ahead appetizer everyone craves. I love this recipe because they are a healthier version then ones you buy. You can also have the kids help you, and extra hands make it fun. (via Happy Money Saver)
19. Baked Egg Rolls. You know a warm egg roll will bring you to the table every time. These crunchy baked egg rolls are a great alternative to the usual party platter.(via Happy Money Saver)
20. Pizza Pinwheel Bites. These little finger food are quick to make and super popular as an appetizer. Crunchy, and filled with pepperoni and baked till golden. (via Happy Money Saver)
21. Creamy Cheesy Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro. This is a Top Truman Treat and my kids cannot get enough of these. Tis recipe has a special place in our hearts. (via Happy Money Saver)
22. Hawaiian Sliders. These easy, savory sandwiches are healthy and fast to make – and they come slathered with a sweet teriyaki sauce and are baked till slightly crispy on top. (via Happy Money Saver)
23. Pesto Spinach Lasagna Rollups. These are cute mini individual lasagnas but with an updated flavor of pesto and cheeses. Then rolled in breadcrumbs and baked or fried to perfection. (via Happy Money Saver)
24. Fried Dill Pickle Chips. These tasty morsels pack a flavor punch in each mouthful. This is one punch you’ll want to take. (via Cookbook: Seriously Good Freezer Meals)
25. Oven Baked Chicken Strips. Make a homemade ranch and bake up some beautiful and crunchy oven baked homemade chicken strips that everyone will want. (via Happy Money Saver)
26. Pepperoni Pizza Dip. This is loved by both kids and adults and why not, its so much fun to eat and serve. (via Happy Money Saver)
27. Pull Apart Spicy Cheesy Bread Dice the bread then add all the fun toppings. Make it ahead, freeze it, then when you are ready pop it in the oven. (via The Kitchn)
Just looking at these pictures has made me hungry… what about you? I hope you were able to find some make ahead appetizer recipes that appeal to you. Go give these freezer appetizer recipes a try at your next party or get-together.
If you loved these recipes make sure and follow me on Pinterest for more deliciousness!
These. Make ahead are great, but do they need to be served hot?
Chicken roll up
I prefer to serve them hot.
Are all of these really freeze-able?
Anne Harvey says
This is the best make ahead and freeze I have found I will let you know how I get on
Whitney Campbell says
Your link for the sweet potato tater tots goes to the bean dip…
Oh thank you so much! I fixed that link! I really appreciate your message. 🙂
katrina gehman says
i have made a few of these and they are awesome. i love the other examples, i’ll have to try them.
These all look delicious! I love being able to plan ahead when having a dinner party!