One of the best ways to save money, eat better and get on top of your dinner time plan is to make ahead healthy freezer crockpot meals. Simply pour your prepared meal in and let the slow cooker do all the work.
In this post we’ve rounded up some of the best healthy slow cooker recipes from Happy Money Saver that taste amazing, are healthy and super easy to make.
We know just how much you all love your crockpot because some of our most popular recipes on Happy Money Saver have been healthy freezer crockpot meals. From Cilantro Lime Chicken to French Dip Sandwiches to my amazing Darn Good Chili, cooking in our slow cooker is one of our favorite ways to cook.
There are several reasons why these recipes are one’s you’ll love.
- They are homemade freezer meals made with real food ingredients
- The majority are gluten free recipes and several of them are also low carb freezer meals.
- These recipes have all been tasted by me and they are all delicious!
- Each healthy freezer crockpot meal is packed with loads of nutrition , variety and flavor.
- Each recipe includes instructions for adding to a slow cooker after thawing, so you can start dinner early in the day.
- Crockpot meals are easy to clean up, especially if you use a slow cooker liner.
MEAL PREP RESOURCES
- What is Freezer Burn & How to Prevent It?
- Freezer Meal Tips for Beginners
- 15 of my Easiest Freezer Meals Ever.
- Freezer Meal recipes & FAQ
- Freezer meals Containers
- Join our freezer meal facebook group community (we have a blast!)
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
How Long Are Crockpot Freezer Meals Good For? When food is kept at or below 32°F (0°C), bacteria cannot grow. So, food stored that cold will not spoil and will be safe to eat indefinitely. However, after a time (usually 4 to 6 months) the quality of your food may start to diminish and it might affect the taste and texture of the meal. For freshest taste try and use up your freezer meals within 4-6 months.
Do You Have to Thaw Freezer Crockpot Meals? If your recipe has raw meat or poultry in it then YES you should thaw the freezer meal first before adding to a slow cooker. This is to keep your food from growing bacteria as it slowly heats up according to the USDA Food Safety & Inspection. But if you don’t have raw meat you can add frozen food to your crockpot.
What is the Best Way to Prepare & Freeze a Crockpot Freezer Meal? The most budget friendly option is to use a quality freezer-safe plastic bag. Label the bag first, add in your ingredients then seal the freezer meal bag, pressing down to remove as much air as possible to avoid freezer burn. If you have a freezer meal without raw meat in it and plan to add it to your slow cooker frozen, these 2-cup Souper Cubes on Amazon work very nicely!
OUR FAV HEALTHY FREEZER CROCKPOT MEALS
And now it’s time to show you all the most popular and delicious healthy freezer crockpot meals from Happy Money Saver to get you excited and meal preppin’ away in your kitchens.
The crockpot truly is the best friend to all busy people everywhere. The ultimate set it and forget it cooking machine. I hope you love these easy healthy freezer meal recipes!
- Crockpot 6-quart Cook & Carry Slow Cooker (Amazon) – this is the slow cooker that I have and it works wonderfully! Plus it has 4.3 stars and over 5,000 ratings. I love how it locks down tight so if I need to travel with it I don’t have to worry about it spilling out.
- Gallon Sized Freezer Bags (Amazon) – always buy quality plastic freezer-safe bags to freeze your crockpot freezer meals in.
- Souper Cubes – 2 cup portion sized (Amazon) – these are perfect for freezer-to-crockpot freezer meals! They pop out frozen nicely and can be transferred to a freezer bag too.
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners (Amazon) – I love using these to line my slow cooker as they make clean up a breeze!